Ended Official BYC Article Writing Contest - #15

full

Now, for the moment you've all been waiting for! The judges have finished judging and we have our winners!

First Place - @3KillerBs
Hot Climate Chicken Housing and Care

I live in North Carolina, the Steamy Southeast of the USA where from June through early September we frequently see 95-95 weather -- 95F and 95% humidity -- and summer nighttime lows may not dip below 70F for weeks. Most chicken-keeping advice is aimed at people in temperate areas with...

Second Place - @pipdzipdnreadytogo
Which Came First?: Finding the Truth Behind the Riddle

Which Came First?: Finding the Truth Behind the Riddle Which came first: the chicken or the egg? The question itself is ancient, posed long before forces in the natural world were well understood. Today, it is an oft used riddle with a knee-jerk answer based on faith and philosophy, a clever...

Third Place - @All4Eggz
TREATING SCALY LEG MITES (SLM) ~ WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW

You lift your friendly hen and notice some odd-looking, lifted scales on her feet. She seems like she's in pain. What should you do? Your hen most likely has SLM. TREATING/CURING SCALY LEG MITES (SLM) My Crevecoeur hens' feet infected severely with SLM. - What are Scaly Leg Mites? Scaly...

Fourth Place - @Weeg
Top 15 Chicken Coop Mistakes

Top 15 Chicken Coop Mistakes Chicken coops are the most important part of raising chickens. Protection from predators, warmth, and wellbeing will rely on a well-built coop. In the below article, I will explain all the mistakes to avoid when building your new coop. Or revamping, rebuilding, or...

Fifth Place - @All4Eggz
QUAIL BASICS for BEGINNERS

~QUAIL BASICS FOR BEGINNERS*~ *The information and advice in this article are based solely on my personal experience and research. Cover photo from @Kiki. All quail in photos are different varieties of Coturnix quail and their eggs, including Pharoah, Jumbo, Pansy Fee, Pansy, Rosetta, Rosetta...

Sixth Place = @Jacquej57
Utilizing the Parrot Chop Principle to Improve Chicken Diets

Let me begin by saying I am NOT in favor of forgoing a commercial chicken feed for my girls. It would be difficult, if not impossible, for an individual to formulate a nutritionally complete diet for chickens on their own. However, I am encouraging the use of healthy, nutritionally dense fresh...

@3KillerBs, @pipdzipdnreadytogo, @All4Eggz, @Weeg, & @Jacquej57
I will be sending you instructions on how to claim your prizes momentarily!

Come check out the new contest!

Official BYC Article Writing Contest - #16

thank you.png

A HUGE THANK YOU to all who participated, this wouldn't have been possible without all of your entries!!!! :bow :clap Great job everyone, this was so much fun!! :wee

yippiechickie.gif

~ Shout out to all of the judges that took the time to read all of the articles. I know it was incredibly difficult to judge and I appreciate all of you! ~

And THANK YOU to our BYC Sponsors
(click to view & support them)

full

Now, for the moment you've all been waiting for! The judges have finished judging and we have our winners!

First Place - @3KillerBs

I live in North Carolina, the Steamy Southeast of the USA where from June through early September we frequently see 95-95 weather -- 95F and 95% humidity -- and summer nighttime lows may not dip below 70F for weeks. Most chicken-keeping advice is aimed at people in temperate areas with...

Second Place - @pipdzipdnreadytogo

Which Came First?: Finding the Truth Behind the Riddle Which came first: the chicken or the egg? The question itself is ancient, posed long before forces in the natural world were well understood. Today, it is an oft used riddle with a knee-jerk answer based on faith and philosophy, a clever...

Third Place - @All4Eggz

You lift your friendly hen and notice some odd-looking, lifted scales on her feet. She seems like she's in pain. What should you do? Your hen most likely has SLM. TREATING/CURING SCALY LEG MITES (SLM) My Crevecoeur hens' feet infected severely with SLM. - What are Scaly Leg Mites? Scaly...

Fourth Place - @Weeg

Top 15 Chicken Coop Mistakes Chicken coops are the most important part of raising chickens. Protection from predators, warmth, and wellbeing will rely on a well-built coop. In the below article, I will explain all the mistakes to avoid when building your new coop. Or revamping, rebuilding, or...

Fifth Place - @All4Eggz

~QUAIL BASICS FOR BEGINNERS*~ *The information and advice in this article are based solely on my personal experience and research. Cover photo from @Kiki. All quail in photos are different varieties of Coturnix quail and their eggs, including Pharoah, Jumbo, Pansy Fee, Pansy, Rosetta, Rosetta...

Sixth Place = @Jacquej57

Let me begin by saying I am NOT in favor of forgoing a commercial chicken feed for my girls. It would be difficult, if not impossible, for an individual to formulate a nutritionally complete diet for chickens on their own. However, I am encouraging the use of healthy, nutritionally dense fresh...

@3KillerBs, @pipdzipdnreadytogo, @All4Eggz, @Weeg, & @Jacquej57
I will be sending you instructions on how to claim your prizes momentarily!

Come check out the new contest!

Official BYC Article Writing Contest - #16

thank you.png

A HUGE THANK YOU to all who participated, this wouldn't have been possible without all of your entries!!!! :bow :clap Great job everyone, this was so much fun!! :wee

yippiechickie.gif

~ Shout out to all of the judges that took the time to read all of the articles. I know it was incredibly difficult to judge and I appreciate all of you! ~

And THANK YOU to our BYC Sponsors
(click to view & support them)
Wow! Thank you so much! This is so exciting!
Congrats to the winners, and everyone who participated! What a fun contest!

Back
Top Bottom