Ended Official BYC Contest - Post your best (worst) chicken molt pics!

I see last year's winner is a Buttercup....they must be notoriously violent molters. :lol:

My poor, pitiful Cookie, snapped today. She would be in the "All Other Breeds" category. :)
DSCN1733.JPG

DSCN1721.JPG

DSCN1701.JPG

~Alex

Okay, I'm finally getting around to entering this! :D For the 'All Other Breeds' category, my poor Tessa is an absolute mess at the moment. Her sister had such a typical molt, looking a bit rough but not too bad otherwise. Tessa, on the other hand...

Editing because I have better pictures now. I hope that's okay!

plucked 1.jpg
plucked 2.jpg
plucked 3.jpg

Poor thing was trying to sun bathe. Her pins must be really sensitive, because she'd go down and then hop right back up after just a few seconds. :hmm

sun bath 1.jpg
sun bath 2.jpg
sun bath 3.jpg
sun bath 4.jpg

Last edited:
Okay, I'm finally getting around to entering this! :D For the 'All Other Breeds' category, my poor Tessa is an absolute mess at the moment. Her sister had such a typical molt, looking a bit rough but not too bad otherwise. Tessa, on the other hand...

View attachment 1578387View attachment 1578389
View attachment 1578385View attachment 1578386

No feathers under either wing:

View attachment 1578393

The other birds are frightened (notice Rowena right behind her :lol: )

View attachment 1578390

Tessa, herself, isn't too thrilled, either. :eek:

View attachment 1578392

I hope that isn't too many pictures. I couldn't decide which one best showed how pitiful she looks right now. :lol: :oops:

Poor Tessa, she looks miserable!

Editing because I have better pictures now. I hope that's okay!

View attachment 1578917 View attachment 1578919 View attachment 1578920

Poor thing was trying to sun bathe. Her pins must be really sensitive, because she'd go down and then hop right back up after just a few seconds. :hmm

View attachment 1578921 View attachment 1578922 View attachment 1578923 View attachment 1578924
Poor baby!

Back
Top Bottom