Ended Official BYC Contest - Post your best (worst) chicken molt pics!

Pics
These pics are too funny and cute for words! My hens have alot of bare bellies so not worthy of even being far distant runner ups in this contest.

Now I REALLY know what the term ‘hard molt ‘ means!
I agree with you. Our EE, Goldie looks like a miniature dinosaur and a bit scary and pitiful, but nowhere near these girls. Next to them, Goldie only has a semi-hard molt.
6A36EED2-542D-4215-A90E-A390C5B4B323.jpeg
C66228D8-3FF9-419E-B7FC-E6C2E0011931.jpeg

I have two questions.

Question one: when will this contest end? Not that I don't like looking at molting chickens, I just want to know.

Question two: My 6 year old RIR is in a molt, and she grew back her feathers everywhere except her bum still only has pin feathers. She has been like this for a week and a half, and I am starting to get worried. Could it be from lack of protein?

Nope, they don't preen the casings from the bum feathers as readily so it looks prickly longer, given the state of the neighborhood you can't blame them....ouch! :eek:
I have two questions.

Question one: when will this contest end? Not that I don't like looking at molting chickens, I just want to know.

Question two: My 6 year old RIR is in a molt, and she grew back her feathers everywhere except her bum still only has pin feathers. She has been like this for a week and a half, and I am starting to get worried. Could it be from lack of protein?

Back
Top Bottom