Ended Official BYC Contest: Worst Chicken Molt Pictures - Fall / Winter 2011

Quote:
You are not the only one.. mine did little molting ya know feathers floating around.. if one of my girls looked like some of these I would have freaked out thinking they were dying or something. omg.. some look down right painful and attacked..
ep.gif

Pink

My girls never looked that bad. They also didn't like to get their pic taken when they were molting, They usually hid. Here's one pic though.

dscn3859.jpg

The first time the were molting, I would count chickens all the time because there were so many feathers in the yard, I thought something had gotten one. Little did I know then.

I also had several that molted last winter. I felt sorry for them in the cold, but they refused to stay indoors. This girl had only two tail feathers left and lost most of the feathers on her head.

DSCN4037.jpg

Quote:
I'm not sure but I think some of the posts showed more than one chicken. So post away so we can see what you have.

I just wish I had gotten a picture of my Bourbon Red turkey when she was molting. She wasn't quite as bad as most of the chickens on here, but she went around for days with just 1 white tail feather clinging to her bare rear end. I cracked up every time I looked at her!

Sheri

Quote:
OMG, she looks like a chicken I buy at the grocery store ready to eat, with a head and some feathers glued on........

YOU SHOULD WIN THIS!
wink.png

Wow after having seen some of these pictures I don't feel so bad about Cornelia Marie's molt - she looks like she exploded with feathers everywhere. I would pick her up and they would just fall off her.

Quote:
The Quote button is on the bottom right of every post. Just click on that and it will have the quote ready and you just type your coment beneath it.
smile.png

To get to the Word-Link you have to click "post reply" and then above the smilies there is a button that says Word-Link. Click on that, and you should figure it out. I don't really know how to explain the rest...
hide.gif

Hope that helps.
big_smile.png
Sorry to interupt the thread.
hide.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
You call THAT a molt? I think that there darn chicken got caught in the crossfire of a hurricane and tornado... somebody call 9-1-1! I think a crime has been committed! Best molt picture evah!

yuckyuck.gif

Back
Top Bottom