Ended Official BYC Contest - Worst Chicken Molt Pictures - Fall/Winter 2014

Lady Marigold.
All other Breeds.

Last edited:
This is six-year old SLW Alice. Alice has always had problem molts, but this year, instead of getting better, her molt appears to be regressing. Here, she's apparently disgusted with herself.

Just took this the other day. Every time one of my girls goes through a molt, I look around frantically thinking a predator got in and attacked my flock!! So many feathers :)

I don't have a good picture of any of my chickens molting (none have been TOO ridiculous), but I DO have some good ones of our turkey!! She looks embarrassed. I just love it!!!!
(she's spared this year
wink.png
)

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Now I wish I'd taken more pictures of her!

This is one of my lovely show quality Gold Laced Wyandottes, her name is Iron and this is her first hard molt. She had a nice mild soft molt last year and she didn't even stop laying!

Poor girl! She was half naked and then the temps dropped from high 80s to mid 20s! In just two days! She stuck herself in a corner and fell asleep shivering so I took her inside to warm up in the bathroom (and have her some hot oatmeal with some leftover almond flour.) The next day she wanted to be outside in the sun and that evening she wouldn't come inside again! (I have some large dogs that sniffed at the bathroom door the whole time she was in, which I don't think she liked very much) She decided she would just go huddle in a nest if she got cold again!
I didn't get any shots of her entirely nude behind!

Last edited:
THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! Mine are molting differently this season compared to previous hens. I just knew that I had MITES AGAIN!!!!!! I feel much better.

Back
Top Bottom