Ended Official BYC Mini Contest - What is Your Hobby?

ENTRY #3 - BAKING

There is a book called The 5 Love Languages. These "love languages" include words of affirmation, acts of service, gifts, quality time, and physical touch. I've often kidded my family and said that baking was my love language since I love to bake for a crowd or bake and give away.

Most of the time there is a homemade dessert in the house. My husband - and all the rest of the family - has a sweet tooth, and if there's no dessert around, he'll eat the chocolate chips out of the bag! At this time of year (December), I bake a lot of cookies. I started baking Christmas cookies with my kids when they were just old enough to make a mess of it, but have fun. Now my daughters are expert decorators and help clean our messes. ;)

View attachment 1973757

View attachment 1973758

View attachment 1973760

View attachment 1973761

View attachment 1973762

View attachment 1973763

View attachment 1973765

View attachment 1973766
View attachment 1973770

View attachment 1973776

And here is a cookie puzzle. I used to make these for preschool and elementary school children:
View attachment 1973768
When it's not Christmas cookies season, I love to experiment and bake various cakes or tortes. If you're not tires of pictures, here are a few of my creations:
View attachment 1973785 View attachment 1973786 View attachment 1973788 View attachment 1973789 View attachment 1973790 View attachment 1973791
Hmmmm, just looking at there makes me want to go back to the kitchen....
Oh those sweets are works of art!

Entry #1
One of my hobbies is Crochet.
I learnt to crochet 2 years ago and have crocheted every day since. I'm lucky enough to sell my finished work earning a nice little income.
My goal for 2020 is to become a designer and sell my own patterns.
Here is just a few of my favourite projects....
View attachment 1969301 View attachment 1969300
Of course I LOVE the little amirigumi mushrooms!:love

1). PHOTOGRAPHY
Since the age I first learned to use a camera, photos have been my interpretation of the world. It's what I turn to when I need a break- it's what keeps me grounded to the world.
I mostly do nature photography, birding and scenic shots.
Last year, I decided to begin a website called "Eilenz", a mashup of my middle name (Eileen) and the (lens) of a camera. Hopefully I can one day make a profit from my biggest interests in life. For now, that's not my wish. Watching nature thrive- that's my wish.
http://www.eilenz.com

View attachment 1968018 View attachment 1968020
Beautiful photos!

Ribh, you do excellent work! I am also a crocheter. I agree some of the written instructions are hard to understand. Sometimes it takes me an hour to figure out what they are talking about and sometimes there are mistakes in the instructions which I have discovered many times.
Thank you for the compliment. :)
I'm a visual learner so once I can *see* I can usually work the pattern out ; until then...:idunno It is frustrating when there are mistakes in the written instructions. Video tutes you can pause & zoom & rerun & it makes such a difference when I am learning. Have you entered some of your work also? I would enjoy seeing it. And I found it! :lol: They are beautiful!

Last edited:
Entry 1-Crochet

I have been involved in crocheting for about 10 years. I crochet afghan's, hats, scarves etc., but most recently I have started Amigurumi crochet. This crochet technique that is used to crochet animals, characters, creatures, dolls etc. It is very time consuming. Below is a sample of some of them. I'll have to create an Amigurumi chicken. I am currently working on Wallace and Gromit and a very large dragon.
View attachment 1975913 View attachment 1975914 View attachment 1975916 View attachment 1975917
Wow. Clever work. They are really lovely.

This contest is brought to you by our BYC Sponsors
(click to view & support them)

View attachment 1967485

This is a RANDOM Winner Contest...
Post up to 3 of your Hobbies and your name will be entered up to 3 times for the final drawing for a chance to win 1 of 5 (that's right, FIVE)
2020 BYC Calendars!

The rules:

1. All entries must be submitted as replies to this thread,
2. Only 3 Hobby Entries per member, PLEASE NUMBER YOUR ENTRIES!
3. Please add a short description with your IMAGES IN YOUR POSTS, examples....

• What is is that you love about this hobby?
  • When do you do the Hobby?
  • What sacrifices do you make to be able to practice your hobby?
  • Are you an amateur? An adept? An expert?
  • Are you lucky enough that this hobby is part of your job/income?
These are just examples of how to create your post, you don´t have to talk about all of them and you can add other things you want, those are just a few guidelines in case you don´t know how to make your post!

SO ENTER UP TO 3 HOBBIES for a chance to win 1 of 5 (that's right, FIVE)
2020 BYC Calendars!

Note: We will use a random number generator to select our winners for this Contest.

Entries will be accepted until and including the 9th of December.

Entry #2 - Writing Stories
I LOVE writing fiction stories, especially for children and teenagers. I have my own story writing website and I publish both short stories and full-length ebooks. I think being an author is one of the most satisfying, enjoyable, and fulfilling hobbies ever! My first book was a collection of children's stories, and the title story is about a chicken! It's called "Raymond and the Rooster" and the picture on the front is of a rooster we used to own. We had to get rid of him because he was so mean!

I just found and downloaded your book. I'm looking forward to reading it.

Back
Top Bottom