Official BYC Poll: Where Do You Buy Your Feed From & Why?

Where do you buy feed (and explain why below)?

• Total voters
Does anyone buy from chewy.com? I just made my first order with them. Our local feed and seed doesn't carry chicken feed (I know, crazy!); I'm lucky to find maybe a small bag of dried mealworms there sometimes. So I've been driving 20 minutes to the TSC, but lately, their selection of chicken feed is so limited I can't find what I want.

So chewy.com is my next foray into my quest for a good supplier. My first order with them was a 50-lb bag of layer crumbles for $20.

Does anyone buy from chewy.com? I just made my first order with them. Our local feed and seed doesn't carry chicken feed (I know, crazy!); I'm lucky to find maybe a small bag of dried mealworms there sometimes. So I've been driving 20 minutes to the TSC, but lately, their selection of chicken feed is so limited I can't find what I want.

So chewy.com is my next foray into my quest for a good supplier. My first order with them was a 50-lb bag of layer crumbles for $20.
I have never ordered from Chewy. 🤔 Does your local Walmart sell layer feed? I think it’s like $14 or $15 at our local Walmart. Maybe you could save a few bucks. :lol: Then again, having feed delivered to your door sounds convenient!

My wife did get a giant bag of mealworms for less than the feed store at Chewy.com

Here in SE Mass we have a great feed store. They produce farm feed. Consumers can buy by the bag. While farms can get truck loads. You can see their 18 wheelers rolling down the highway all the time. Price for a fresh 50 pound bag is $11 - 14 . Depending on type. Friendly knowledge folks. That is also where we get day old chicks.

I buy from TSC. I haven’t compared prices recently but I guess I should.
I forget the place we bought feed from once beside TSC. It was cheaper however, it was filled with bugs. Not due to mold. I thought that was just once but we bought it twice at different times and sure enough it was the same thing. So I dunno if cheaper with bugs is worth it. It didn’t harm my chickens, the bugs were edible. But still.
It’s been months since I’ve bought outside TSC.

Here in SE Mass we have a great feed store. They produce farm feed. Consumers can buy by the bag. While farms can get truck loads. You can see their 18 wheelers rolling down the highway all the time. Price for a fresh 50 pound bag is $11 - 14 . Depending on type. Friendly knowledge folks. That is also where we get day old chicks.
That is so awesome!

I buy from TSC. I haven’t compared prices recently but I guess I should.
I forget the place we bought feed from once beside TSC. It was cheaper however, it was filled with bugs. Not due to mold. I thought that was just once but we bought it twice at different times and sure enough it was the same thing. So I dunno if cheaper with bugs is worth it. It didn’t harm my chickens, the bugs were edible. But still.
It’s been months since I’ve bought outside TSC.
You could always look online to find other feed stores near you. Unless there just isn’t another! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom