Official BYC Poll: Which of These Black Chicken Breeds Do You Have?

Which of These Black Chicken Breeds Do You Have?

• Ayam Cemani

Votes: 22 10.3%
  • Black Australorp

Votes: 102 47.7%
  • Black Jersey Giant

Votes: 25 11.7%
  • Black Orpington

Votes: 10 4.7%
  • Black Silkie

Votes: 42 19.6%
  • Black Sumatra

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Black Maran

Votes: 55 25.7%
  • Croad Langshan

Votes: 8 3.7%
  • Black Polish

Votes: 13 6.1%
  • Black Cochin

Votes: 21 9.8%
  • Other (elaborate in a reply below)

Votes: 51 23.8%
  • Black Sexlink

Votes: 9 4.2%

• Total voters
Pics
I have three black langshans and a couple of langshan mixed hens, one langshan brahma mixed 6 week old pullet (?), one 3 month old black with a little silver mixed cockerel, and an adorable 6 month bantam black cochin cockerel.
Lucy (6 or 7 yo) black langshan. This is a picture of her with her first hatch. She is an outstanding mama hen, but I'm not letting her hatch again...she and I are getting too old to raise chicks.
Screenshot_20220505-133952_Photos.jpg

Chickens are raised for various reasons, and some people choose them based on practical reasons, while others choose them for aesthetic reasons. If you're looking to expand your flock of chickens, black chickens can be an excellent choice. In addition to adding aesthetic value to your flock and backyard, black chicken breeds are among the most stunning breeds to raise.

So, which of these black chicken breeds do you have in your backyard flock?

Feel free to post pictures of your black-feathered chickens (along with breed names). We'd love to see them. Place your vote above, and please elaborate in a reply below if you chose "Other".
View attachment 3362121

Further Reading:

(Check out more exciting Official BYC Polls HERE!)
Is this poll closed already? It was just posted Friday ... and it's only Monday.
Oh well ... I only have two black chickens at the moment. One is an absolutely massive Black Jersey Giant. The other is her half-Silkie adult "chick," sired by Herman the House .Rooster. The rest of my Biddies and Boys are all various shades of red, mostly Nankin Bantams.

Back
Top Bottom