Ended Official BYC Recipe Photo Contest - #1

Pics
And here is #115 5 Minute Chocolate Mug Cake. We're stuck at home due to snow so I figured now was a good a time as any to finally whip this up!

mugcake1.jpg

Ingredients (above) are really simple, I didn't have to buy anything for it and it only took a minute to gather things from pantry and fridge. And another minute to mix together. Then 3 minutes in microwave and it was done. So truly a 5 minute cake, as promised!

I've made quite a few mug cakes but this one was nicely moist and hit the craving for a bite of warm chocolatey cake (mug cakes get rubbery as they cool, so gotta eat it warm). I did includ the optional 3 Tbsp of chocolate chips (it didn't specify what type of chocolate chips, so I used half bittersweet, half semi-sweet) and would recommend doing so... they sink to the bottom so when you're eating it, you get a nice punch of chocolate with every generous spoonful, and then the rest of the cake has a warm cocoa flavor.

mugcake.gif

And here is #115 5 Minute Chocolate Mug Cake. We're stuck at home due to snow so I figured now was a good a time as any to finally whip this up!

View attachment 2530053

Ingredients (above) are really simple, I didn't have to buy anything for it and it only took a minute to gather things from pantry and fridge. And another minute to mix together. Then 3 minutes in microwave and it was done. So truly a 5 minute cake, as promised!

I've made quite a few mug cakes but this one was nicely moist and hit the craving for a bite of warm chocolatey cake (mug cakes get rubbery as they cool, so gotta eat it warm). I did includ the optional 3 Tbsp of chocolate chips (it didn't specify what type of chocolate chips, so I used half bittersweet, half semi-sweet) and would recommend doing so... they sink to the bottom so when you're eating it, you get a nice punch of chocolate with every generous spoonful, and then the rest of the cake has a warm cocoa flavor.

View attachment 2530055
Ooo! Now I’m hungry! :drool

Is there a deadline for this contest set yet? I was going to cook today but Its been raining all weekend and there isn’t enough light to do it! I just wanted to make sure I had time, because I want to create a really nice photo! ❤️
No real deadline as of yet. Once we reach a decent amount of entries we'll close the contest.

#222 super easy Indian Chapatis
Ingredients:
1 lb. tofu
1/2 c. butter
1 1/2 tsp. salt
3 c. flour
2 tbsp baking powder
Cooking Instructions. Mix in blender until smooth: Tofu, butter, salt and baking powder. Turn into a large bowl and add 3 cups of flour. Knead until the dough is smooth and elastic. Divide into 16 uniform balls. Roll each into an 8 inch circle on a floured surface. Bake on a griddle, greased or ungreased, as you prefer-at a medium to hot temperature until done. Stack on a plate and cover with a cloth to hold the warmth.
A272B5A7-33E5-4292-A577-1021F63E83EC.jpeg

17109408-3FB5-4335-9C54-4E89DA6E2D17.jpeg

363DB30D-663A-4570-B6D8-55A1DF601BCD.jpeg

A7CE4241-A79A-4F2A-9D8A-522E2C395B27.jpeg

F29A02BC-300D-428D-92E5-5D98EE57F37E.jpeg
FD67C937-9038-43F3-9A19-BB6B430C10AA.jpeg

8916DCBA-E021-4F60-A1E8-AC6B71893697.jpeg

I used soft tofu for this recipe

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom