Ended Official BYC Recipe Photo Contest - #1

So here's my result for #329 Chicken and Mushroom Chili. I was eager to try this since I have my mother-in-law over the first Sunday of each month, and she's on a low sodium diet, so this seemed like the perfect thing to serve.

I did make the recipe as listed and eat it as is, but after everyone took their first bites hubby and I agreed we wanted more salt. So I met the challenge but as far as eating it for dinner, hubby and I each added an additional 1/8 tsp, scant, of salt (in case anyone wants to try the recipe and aren't on a low sodium diet).

Overall it was fine. The mushrooms were my favorite part since they got a nice chew after stewing. Otherwise it mostly tasted like the components - mushrooms, chicken, tomato, peppers, onion. So not bad at all, but my mother-in-law didn't ask for the recipe. :lol:

chickenmushroomchili.jpg

So here's my result for #329 Chicken and Mushroom Chili. I was eager to try this since I have my mother-in-law over the first Sunday of each month, and she's on a low sodium diet, so this seemed like the perfect thing to serve.

I did make the recipe as listed and eat it as is, but after everyone took their first bites hubby and I agreed we wanted more salt. So I met the challenge but as far as eating it for dinner, hubby and I each added an additional 1/8 tsp, scant, of salt (in case anyone wants to try the recipe and aren't on a low sodium diet).

Overall it was fine. The mushrooms were my favorite part since they got a nice chew after stewing. Otherwise it mostly tasted like the components - mushrooms, chicken, tomato, peppers, onion. So not bad at all, but my mother-in-law didn't ask for the recipe. :lol:

View attachment 2521206
That looks scrumptious! Thanks for doing this.

Recipe #66 Monster Cookies #1

First, I had to gather fresh eggs so generously donated by our lovely girls. :love

IMG_6088 f.jpg

Then mix the batter. I made a double batch since cookies don't last very long in my house! :D
IMG_6089 f.jpg

Allow the cookies to cool after baking. (sampling a couple while still warm)
IMG_6090 f.jpg

Mmmm. Yummy treat for tea time. 😋
IMG_6112 f.jpg

Edit: the recipe calls for M&M's. All I had were Christmas coloured ones and mini ones so mixed them and used both. :D The recipe did not specify what kind of M&M's so it should be legal. :confused::fl:cool:

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom