Ended Official BYC Valentine Puns Contest Series - Don't Chicken Out Photo Contest

Pics
IMG_0031.JPG

Name: Abby
Breed: Swedish Hybrid of Moosehead Lake, Maine
Where did I get her: She's a wild duckling (daughter of Cindi). I enjoy studying the Swedish Hybrids every summer and she became my favorite because she was different from her siblings.

These girls are Currently my only two ducks but hopefully having some eggs hatch soon! They are both Muscovy’s but have very different stories! The one on the right is Fiona (we call her fefe) we got her from someone who had found her as an egg and the mother duck was hit by a car:(, the lady decided to incubate the eggs and hatch them and she was the only egg that hatched. We got her when she was already about a month old and we have had her for a little over 2 years. Peepers is the duck on the left and we got her from someone who had hatched ducklings and I guess decided she didn’t need them, not entirely sure but she was just a few days old when we got her and we got her not to long after fefe, probably a month or two. She was in our bathtub for almost two months before her an fefe became pals and they both lived in the coop outside.
8A543162-BA85-472E-9666-713EF56F2EA9.jpeg

Aww, if I tried to separate Tater the duck from his chicken friend for a photo, poor thing would go bananas. I'll have to try and get a photo of him when they're spread out while searching for bugs. :)

As long as he's the star of the picture it's ok! No need to traumatize him for a picture, lol.

Back
Top Bottom