OH MY GOSH!

Bawkadoodledoo

Songster
12 Years
Jan 4, 2008
Central MA
Today, while they were outside, i was feeding one of my buff orp girls, and all of a sudden i hear a really loud electrical noise (ZZSZZSHZHSDZHS) and I look behind me and there's smoke billowing out of the coop! I smell burning rubber and sprint to the door, and there's electrical smoke billowing out of the heat lamps! i stand there in shock while the chickens self evacuate, bokAWWing madly then i come to my senses that this could kill me. I run to the outdoor outlet and YANKED THE POWER!

oh gosh i'm still shaking... everyone's okay tho. the rubber on the cord to the lamp was shredded and there was soot everywhere..

th.gif
th.gif
th.gif
th.gif
th.gif
th.gif
:thun :thun :thun :thun

Wow!
Don't you hate it when shock makes you freeze up??!!

Glad everyone is okay and there's no major damage. Now go make a mug of hot chocolate and relax!!
th.gif

I am gald you were able to pull it together and take action! That is one reason I don't like to put my chicks out in the barn too soon because of needing to leave a heat lamp unattended for long periods of time at night.

i know.. we won't use these heat lamps any more! dad came running out, (He broke his wrist a few days ago and managed ta tell me that he'll remove them tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom