OH NO!! I can hear the ice pelting the north side of the house !!

mmtillman

Songster
11 Years
Jan 6, 2009
Southwest MO near the ARK line
The dreaded ice storm is here in SW Missouri !! We got our ice earlier then predicted and many drivers are off in the ditch or stranded on highway behind jackknifed semis....It came in the form of mist so people couldnt see it on the roads in time. My hubbys police scanner is in constant chatter right now ....The last available ambulance just went in the ditch...
As I speak, the ice is hammering the house !! Sounds like hail. I suppose I will be with out power by morning.
We are prepared, but I will sure miss my daily fix of BYC !!!
I bathed my Scoobie dog today so she can sleep with Mike and I , with the cat , as well. If my peeps were here already, ...yes ...they would be in the bedroom with us, too!! LOL ! Cooked up a bunch of chicken that we can heat up on the wood stove....so we are set...
Just hate to see the hardship it is causing so many people. Hope you all who are also in the bullseye of this storm are fairing ok and will see you all when the power comes back on !!!!! God bless!!!
smile.png

I'll say one thing, the past three years have been hard on south Missouri. We had ice real bad aboutfive years ago. It seems the I-44 corridor is ice alley. Hopefully the cold front can kick down quicker and you'll just get snow. We're getting lucky, nothing here right now, but son at Linn State, east of jeff City has some bad weather. Good luck!!!

40 miles south of KC and nothing here. They are saying some snow later tonight in one band coming across and then another tomorrow. I don't do snow at all and tomorrow I have to take dad to his pulmonary doctor and mom for blood draw, uggg...i'm so not looking forward to this.

We live by the Ohio River, we are suppose to get 3-6 inches then turn to ice and the back to snow. We had about 3 inches last night so we got the 4-wheelers out tied an inner tube to it and had a blast pulling the kids around. Had a Great Day!!
thumbsup.gif

Nothing yet here in Harrisonville. We have family in areas surrounding Springfield, so I hope they aren't hit too bad tonight. No ice for us here I hope. I can handle snow better than ice. Cluckychick, where are you? I think we are about 25-30 miles south of KC.

Back
Top Bottom