OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

Chick Days are going on at TSC. Does anyone know if the TSC in Delaware of the Rural King in Marion is going to host a swap? There are a couple TSCs in Ohio having them, but none withing easy driving distance of me.

Really disappointed with the chicks at TSC tonight (Sidney store). All production birds (reds and whites) and very different ages in one bin with the big ones picking on the little ones. May go back on Monday to see the new stock or try Springfield store tomorrow.

Anyone want to weigh in on medicated vs unmedicated chick feed? For my family, I don't like giving meds if not really sick so I'm having a conundrum about which way to go on this.

Chick Days are going on at TSC. Does anyone know if the TSC in Delaware of the Rural King in Marion is going to host a swap? There are a couple TSCs in Ohio having them, but none withing easy driving distance of me.
I know the Rural King in Marion has a variety of stuff, and also has rabbits... I have not seen any rabbits at TSC. Let me get you a link to look into. 1st. Tsc uses Mt Healthy Hatchery in Dayton, idk if you knew that already. I have a breeder/hatchery near my house that is dirt cheap. I think its more of a breeder. Let me get you a link and than I will post some prices that I know off the top of my head as there price sheet is not online and there website says 2010 but they are very active as I have used them.

http://eaglenestpoultry.com/

examples of prices that I know 100% are white rocks are 1.80 if you want all females I think its 2.20. Broiler hybrid are 1.00, and Bourbon Red Turkeys are 6.00.They also charge a 1 time fee of 5.00 if under a certain amount do not know if they ship to be honest, but you could be in luck lol.. I go to Westerville every Wednesday so if you placed an order I could grab them for you and bring them to Marion or Delaware as I pass thru.

Bummer. I had a white sultan die within hours of picking up my order at Meyers and I wanted to replace that chick quickly, so went to my local TSC. Found some tetra tints pullets, which Meyer doesn't have, and thought PERFECT! They will be white like the sultan. Problem was they only sell orders of 6 or more. No way do I need 6 more chicks, what with my order this week, another one 3/18, 4/1, and 4/27 coming! So, I have added a silver laced polish to next week's order.

Regarding Eagle Nest Poultry, I sure wish they would update their online store. 2010 availability list is frustrating. I hear his birds are great, though.

Quote:
Thanks for the reminder, Larry.

Bill and Kay at Eagle Nest are great people. We get our 4-H turkeys from there and our county does a chicken buy with them for broilers. And yes, they ship, but as close as they are to Morrow county, it's just as easy for us to run up there. The Barred Rock chicks we got from them lay a nice size brown egg, slightly bigger than our Buckeye eggs even though the hens are smaller.

I appreciate the offer, but I'm going to try and hatch out my own this year. I have an order of turkeys coming in from Porters in April, so I'm going to be covered over in poultry if I get the 'bator up and running.

Visited this page last year when I received my first ever order of chicks.

This year two of my tetra tints are broody & I am trying my hand at hatching eggs. I put 8 eggs under one broody last night.

I welcome any helpful suggestions.

Near Troy.

Thanks

FYI Rural King in Tiffin has Brown Leghorns SR for 50 cents. I picked up a dozen of em and the rest of the buff orp. They had another 20 left. My wife wouldn't let m take them all since I have Delawares coming next week.

Hi,I'm in northeast Ohio. And interested in your chicks! Where in Northeast Ohio are you located. I live in Solon. Have sons out in Ashtabula county. So, I drive from Cleveland to Conneaut a bit. I am new to this site. Still learning how to get around it. Hope this posted on the right comment.

Visited this page last year when I received my first ever order of chicks.

This year two of my tetra tints are broody & I am trying my hand at hatching eggs. I put 8 eggs under one broody last night.

I welcome any helpful suggestions.

Near Troy.

Thanks

Yay! Someone near me!!! We are only a couple miles north of Miami County but have a Sidney address.

Sorry, no advice with the hatching but I'd love to hear how it turns out. Thought one of my SPPRs was going broody but with the weather we've had and no extra room right now I made sure to keep taking her eggs.

Back
Top Bottom