OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

Slackjack, I kept my metal font over a pan heater inside last year. The new heated font will stay inside as well this winter, but it hangs. I haven't been on here since Saturday so I Wil look on Rural King site, thank you.

My mom lives in Springfield and is looking for some pullets. She would like some cochins, silkies, polish, and/or buff orps. Anyone out there near her?

Hi, I was just popping in to let you guys know about an upcoming poultry swap meet in Indiana. I know it would be close for some of you guys. Hope to see a lot of you there!

Northeast Indiana Poultry Swap Meet
~Buy/Sell/Trade poultry and supplies~
Place: The poultry building at the Wells Co. 4-H park
Date: Sunday, October 5th
Time: 10am-4pm

Vendor fee (1 table)=$10
Sellers fee (1 cage (3 birds per cage or less))=$5
Admission=FREE!!!

Aside from the chickens, ducks, geese, pigeons, turkeys, etc. people will bring to sell, we hope to have some vendors selling supplies such as leg bands, treats, feeders/waterers, egg cartons, vitamins and supplements, etc.

We would like you to pre-register by email, but will accept the payments at the day of the swap. We may be able to accept walk ups depending on space.

To register email [email protected]

Rules
1.NO SICK BIRDS
-You will be asked to leave if you have sick or unreasonably dirty birds
-No money will be refunded for cage or table rental
-Make your birds presentable!
2. NOT responsible for stolen birds
3. NOT responsible for accidents
4. Make sure your birds have water!
5. NO pets beside poultry (no dogs, cats, etc.)

Anybody going to the southern ohio poultry swap meet in lucasville on the 26th, 275h, and/or 28th? We will be there all weekened at our booth. We will likely bring a few of our polish to sell or lesser quality - too much black, purple coloration, too stalky hens or roos. - though, we only have 7 to sell. And the best will be sold at the ohio national. We will also bring a pair of white polish. The eggs are fertile and the hen is actually brooding 2 eggs at the moment. The other 2 were yucky. Only problem is the male is evil, but we have to sell the pair, or rooster alone. Maybe the chicks she broods if they hatch.
We will also bring the daddy bird of the wcb polish, he himself has won 1st place, his youngest wife 2nd, his daughters 2nd, 1st, and Resrve Grand, and his son 1st cockerel and 3rd overall. He will likely sell for $20-30 . The dad give most of the color, and the hens confirmation. This rooster has been in parades as well. So if you are looking for a new rooster, he is great. Though he is rather small for being a LF, the bigger the mom, the bigger the babies. Prefer hed go to a home with several hens, and he is very protective, attacking anything that touches his wives, including us, but away, he is a sweet baby.

along with all that, we may end up selling our lavendar ameraucana roo, he is getting to be 3 years old. He is an amazing rooster, but he is losing fertility and most of his babies die now in shell, or have curled toes due to inbreeding his daughters, so we need new genes to freshen up and make our chics stronger.

we do however have a son of his we are saving for a friend who wants to show. He raises broilers and wants to do something other than meat birds. We dont show ours, so we are okay.

Along with the ameracuana, we may send off our blue copper maran hen, she just finished molting and is laying dark eggs, but she is causing the death of her sister and I dont really want her. She had pecked her sister out of boredom and now her sisters rump is infected, featherless, and greatly expanded. So we will likely put her down. I really want another one though, with marbled brown eyes like her sister, coppsr. So i can always remember her.

Last edited:
Hi PoultryQueen101, i am about 3 hours away form there, so i can't really make it, i'm very new to chickens anyways i am not even sure what some of my chickens are called, i was wondering if you could tell me is having mixed chickens bad? my flock is totally random, and i'm not sure how to get any pure breeds out of them, aside from just penning up the roosters and only letting them mate with the same breed as them, i mean what happens when a jersey giant breeds with a blue Cochin?, or a blue Cochin with a buff orpington, or a lavender orpington with a blue Cochin?, also i have a chicken that looks almost the same as a buff orpington but she has bright yellow legs, and the other buffs have white legs...what kind of chicken is it? or is there somthing wrong with my buffs that made them all have white/pale-ish legs? i do not know if i'm aloud to put links in replies but i have a youtube channel that i posted two videos of my chickens on, if you, or anyone else wants to see it maybe you can help me tell what kind of chickens i have, i know most of them, there is just a few i can't really tell, like i dunno the difference between a astrolorp (i dunno how to even spell it, omg) and a jersey giant) i also just want to share my flock with everyone on here, but i dunno how to do it, or where to post where anyone can see it, lol besides my youtube channel. i want everyone to see my blue cochin, i think she is beautiful , also do any of you guys know the meyer hatchery? in Ohio?, i live about 30 mins from there.

Hi GreeNonic
If you would like to post your pictures from your computer just hit reply and then hover your mouse over the icons to the top right, the first ones says insert image. It guides you from there, but once it hits 100% you have to hit the button on the bottom of the down loader (I forget what its labeled) and then it will post the pic...doesn't just post automatically.
Did you get your chickens from Myers? I am thinking of heading their this spring.

Yep i did, I'm really happy with them , all of the chickens i got were perfect I've had zero problems with them, all of them are alive and healthy, they were really friendly and helpful too.(they didn't even laugh that much at us when we called in the 3rd day freaked out because our chick had a huge "growth" bulging out of the bottom of her neck(so new we did not even know she had just eaten a lot and it was just her crop thingy, they must have thought that was funny, lol)
<--this is my chickens on youtube if you feel like seeing them :) i love my chickens they are so much fun, they come when i call them, and they follow me all over my property (unless they notice the cat food dish has been filled with cat food)

Buff Orpingtons are supposed to have pinkish white legs :)
There is nothing wrong with mixed breeds unless you are wanting to show your birds. I have birds that I show but my main flock is mixed. Mostly Orpingtons and Cochins. I like to see the various colors and pattern surprises from the mixes.
I like Meyers Hatchery too, especially since they are close. I've mostly just bought supplies there but I couldn't resist a few chicks this year. Got a couple decent Polish I'm getting ready to take to the fair and see how they do. Got a really nice BLR Wyandot to add to my mixed pen and a kind of ugly want to be buff Silkie that is so ridiculously friendly I don't think I could ever get rid of her.

Back
Top Bottom