OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

While I know this is a bummer for many of you, I am glad to hear this and was surprised they hadn't decided on it sooner.  As much fun as seeing poultry is fun, it's best to be safe.
the exact reason we quit doing farm pickups and also haven't moved any birds this year to swaps or shows.

While I know this is a bummer for many of you, I am glad to hear this and was surprised they hadn't decided on it sooner. As much fun as seeing poultry is fun, it's best to be safe.

I agree but still this would have been my first year that I would know what I was looking at when it comes to the poultry.

While I know this is a bummer for many of you, I am glad to hear this and was surprised they hadn't decided on it sooner. As much fun as seeing poultry is fun, it's best to be safe.

You in the market for 30 Silkie chicks? I had hoped to sell them at the Chillicothe swap in 3 days. But I agree, better safe than sorry.

You in the market for 30 Silkie chicks?  I had hoped to sell them at the Chillicothe swap in 3 days. But I agree, better safe than sorry.

Lol! No I am certainly not in the market for 30 chickens, not enough room. Will be getting maybe three or four more chickens next spring, but not silkies, one day when we have land and need for a dedicated broody.

Ok downsizing my flock to get my first duck, to make my family happier, pm for pics if interested.

7 sultan chicks, straight run, not sure on genders, they are about 3-4 weeks old. They are 8 each.
5 easter egger pullets, they are nearing laying age, 16 weeks old, $15 each.
1 Speckled sussex pullet, around 12-13 weeks old, $12
3 Gold laced brahma, Dan Powell Lines, rare variety, straight run, 5-6 weeks old, $15 each
Pair of buff brahmas, 22 weeks old, pullet is nearing laying, $25 for the pair, wont split
2 Swedish Flower Chicks, 2 weeks old,straight run, $7 each

But im getting a Welsh Harlequin female, silver. Im excited for my first duck, been wanting one for forever.

Last edited:
I keep waiting for them to call and want to run a random AI on me since we're NPIP, but nothing yet.

I haven't heard of any at all in Ohio. Someone mentioned that their Mother's flock had a random test; USDA showed up in bio suits and with nets, no advance warning really. Scary. :( But that was in another State, and quite a while ago.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom