OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

I know all about chicken math and duck algebra...lol. I would never get rid of my big boy roo..he was supposed to be a sexed pullet and even everyone here thought he was a she til 15 weeks and Bam he got roo feathers. I am glad I got him and his name is Trixster cuz of it. And considering only one roo outta 13 pullets bought this year I can't be mad. Thank God I'm moving tho cuz where I am now can't have roos, but I'm outta here to a place with 10 beautiful acres for em to run at end of this month.

I know all about chicken math and duck algebra...lol. I would never get rid of my big boy roo..he was supposed to be a sexed pullet and even everyone here thought he was a she til 15 weeks and Bam he got roo feathers. I am glad I got him and his name is Trixster cuz of it. And considering only one roo outta 13 pullets bought this year I can't be mad. Thank God I'm moving tho cuz where I am now can't have roos, but I'm outta here to a place with 10 beautiful acres for em to run at end of this month.
I've avoided duck algebra! (Love that!) I got my first 2 boys on accident. They were both so nice and got along with each other so they stayed. I suddenly lost them both about 2 weeks ago.
Congratulations on 10 acres! I can't imagine not having land to roam.

I've avoided duck algebra! (Love that!) I got my first 2 boys on accident. They were both so nice and got along with each other so they stayed. I suddenly lost them both about 2 weeks ago.
Congratulations on 10 acres! I can't imagine not having land to roam.
Thanx I only have an acre now and I'm limited and have more than I should now, but that won't matter next month. I'm getting a new house and so are they!

Hi, I'm in NE Ohio. I have a couple roos that I need to find a home for, bought 16, ended up w/ 2 roos from unsexed bins at the store, & 1 'shoulda been a hen' from another place. Since my roo to hen ratio is WAYYYY off right now I'm looking to rehome a male buff orpington and/or a male leghorn? The buff orpington was born March 13, & the leghorn was born at the end of February. The buff orpington is pretty friendly and still lets my daughters go pick him up and love on him (we just found out he was a he yesterday & confirmed when he tried to mate w/ a hen today & they're very disappointed). The leghorn isn't the friendliest guy, but he doesn't seem to bother the hens. My chickens are different ages and the hens who are older are allowing him to mate and he hasn't hurt anyone, they also follow him around when they are allowed to free range.

Attachments

• 0702171415a-1.jpg
    0702171415a-1.jpg
    511.1 KB · Views: 2
I had to share this here, where I knew other chicken people would understand....I have 171 egg cartons!
1f602.png
Some of which are more than a 12 count. So I have cartons for 188 dozen eggs! Does anyone else have this problem? Would anyone like a few...dozen...cartons?
1f923.png
1f609.png
Yeah...whenever people ask me if I would like for them to save egg cartons for me I sigh and say yes. In the winter season they make great fire starters if you've a wooden burner or fireplace

IMG_4201.JPG
Got a free Blue Andalusian Rooster for anyone who wants him.
I'm in Euclid Ohio near Willowick
He's 20 weeks
Very friendly
"Likes"the girls many times a day
Good protector
That's him next to my Orpington
His name is Lyle
He's not little...she's just very big. Lol

For anyone who has horses, heads up if you live in Greene County, Ross County, Richland County, or those general areas, some psycho has been murdering horses. Just two so far that I've seen but that is two too many. The last one they lured the mare to the fence and then shot her with a shotgun. Somebody posted pictures on Facebook, way too horrible to share. I know this won't get far as this thread is too big, but maybe someone will see it that needs to know. FYI.

Back
Top Bottom