OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

Hey everyone! City of Cleveland Chickens here! That's right my girls are urban! My backyard is probably smaller than some of your barns! LOL but there is actually a growing amount of chickens here! I was in a glass blowing shop the other day and they had a pet rooster just wandering around hanging out with the shoppers...(technically you cannot have a rooster within the city but it doesn't seem to stop many people)
I am brand new to raising chickens and pick mine up from meyer hatchery (in polk ohio) on Monday 09.10.18!

I see you have Bantams.... I have 2 EE's (that we believe are bantams) that I am trying to rehome. They do not fit in with my flock, they get picked on. Are you interested?

@LulaBell
Sorry, I just saw this post. I wish I could take some bantam EEs, I was going to hatch some a few months ago, but the post office ruined them. Now I’ve used my empty pens for other breeds and sadly don’t have room for the EEs at the moment.

@LulaBell
Sorry, I just saw this post. I wish I could take some bantam EEs, I was going to hatch some a few months ago, but the post office ruined them. Now I’ve used my empty pens for other breeds and sadly don’t have room for the EEs at the moment.
That's alright! I think we are finally getting them to fit in to the flock. We free range so they can have their own space most of the day. They are only together in the coop at night. I'm surprised at how they have been accepted, especially the roo!

Hey chicken owners in the Cleveland OH area. If you live in the city or in the suburbs, I want to create a little focus group for a business idea I have. If you're willing, I'll buy you Starbucks for an hour or so of your time. Please PM me if interested, and tell me where you live and how many chickens you have, and how long you have kept chickens. If you don't have any but want some, I'd love your input too. TIA!!!

Any central Ohio folks out there(Columbus) that I could pay to help me rebuild my coop? It's falling apart!

Your local tech school (or high school) might have some leads including past grads. You likely live in/around Amish communities and that might provide you with a resource. Any feed/farm store near you that might sell hand crafted coops (we have one here that sells various sizes of handcrafted/local chicken coops) that might give you a possible contact. I don’t have any specific recommendations since I live closer to IN on the western part of Ohio.

Hey everyone! City of Cleveland Chickens here! That's right my girls are urban! My backyard is probably smaller than some of your barns! LOL but there is actually a growing amount of chickens here! I was in a glass blowing shop the other day and they had a pet rooster just wandering around hanging out with the shoppers...(technically you cannot have a rooster within the city but it doesn't seem to stop many people)
I am brand new to raising chickens and pick mine up from meyer hatchery (in polk ohio) on Monday 09.10.18!
Cincy cluckers here. We got our chicks from Meyers as well. I love that place.

This is a long shot but I'm doing it for a friend, who lives in Sunbury. Two weeks ago she let her small flock of five hens and one very nice rooster out to free range, as always. That was at 8:00AM. At 9:00AM she went outside to mow. The flock was gone. They never came back. No sigh of them anywhere; no feathers no signs of a struggle, no bodies, nothing. They have been looking everywhere since then. We suspect one of three things. Either they were stolen (they were all quite tame); her neighbor who hates her and her chickens killed or stole them; or, they wandered across busy Route 37 and, being unable to get back, wandered off and got lost or eaten. But she says they have never gone near the road before and she has had chickens for a few years. Please if anyone lives in that area and has seen them, or some of them..please let us know. She is heartbroken.

This is a long shot but I'm doing it for a friend, who lives in Sunbury. Two weeks ago she let her small flock of five hens and one very nice rooster out to free range, as always. That was at 8:00AM. At 9:00AM she went outside to mow. The flock was gone. They never came back. No sigh of them anywhere; no feathers no signs of a struggle, no bodies, nothing. They have been looking everywhere since then. We suspect one of three things. Either they were stolen (they were all quite tame); her neighbor who hates her and her chickens killed or stole them; or, they wandered across busy Route 37 and, being unable to get back, wandered off and got lost or eaten. But she says they have never gone near the road before and she has had chickens for a few years. Please if anyone lives in that area and has seen them, or some of them..please let us know. She is heartbroken.

Oh dang. Did they ever show up again?

Back
Top Bottom