OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

Debby, did you rehome your drakes?
Yes Mark, I finally found this site. Unfortunately they went to feed a friend's family as I had no luck on CL or any other place. Were you able to get yours rehomed. I recently had my two 3 week old Runner Ducklings babies killed by a racoon. We caught it though so it is gone now. I bought two more ducklings and have one Runner and the other one looks to be a Mallard. Was supposed to be a Runner but I think it is just a Mallard. I hope that you and your flock are doing well. So happy I found this site again!!

I have three beautiful mallard drakes that have to go! If anyone is interested let me know. A guy wanted them and was supposed to pick them a up a month ago, never showed up.
Your luck sounds like how mine was with my 4 Mark. I hope that someone decides to want them. I tried everything I could think of. I did get one response on CL but the guy argued they were Hens because they did not have their adult colors yet. Then he ghosted me and wouldn't reply when I tried to tell him that they were just immature males.

Good morning Debby! I had one person that wanted to buy them but never came back. I gave them to another that wanted them but they didn't come back to get them. They may end up at the auction. Good to see you!

Good morning Debby! I had one person that wanted to buy them but never came back. I gave them to another that wanted them but they didn't come back to get them. They may end up at the auction. Good to see you!
So sorry you are having the same problem that I had Mark. Good morning to you and it was great hearing from you. I had a coon get my two Runner Ducklings that I had moved outside. I replaced them and the coon is gone. I will keep these two in the house a lot longer. The peeping attracted the coon I am sure. These will have a voice before they go anywhere. One is a Fawn and White Runner and the other one a Mallard Runner. How have you been? I have been sick off and on, just stomach issues but all of my tests came back fine so nothing serious. Probably just old age, lol.

So sorry you are having the same problem that I had Mark. Good morning to you and it was great hearing from you. I had a coon get my two Runner Ducklings that I had moved outside. I replaced them and the coon is gone. I will keep these two in the house a lot longer. The peeping attracted the coon I am sure. These will have a voice before they go anywhere. One is a Fawn and White Runner and the other one a Mallard Runner. How have you been? I have been sick off and on, just stomach issues but all of my tests came back fine so nothing serious. Probably just old age, lol.
Great to have you back! I hope you feel better. Sorry about my misspelling your name :oops:. I know you spell yours Debbie. :hugs

Hey everyone. I was just wondering, how easy is it to rehome cockerels/roosters in NE Ohio? I have a couple of hens who keep going broody and one day (probably in spring) I was thinking of just caving and giving them some hatching eggs. But then there's the cockerels, which I can't have here in Cleveland. I wouldn't want to hatch them if it's gonna be too hard to rehome. I would say we could eat them but they will probably be crowing before they are at good eating size.

Anyway, let me know your experience with rehoming cockerels in NE Ohio.

Hey everyone. I was just wondering, how easy is it to rehome cockerels/roosters in NE Ohio? I have a couple of hens who keep going broody and one day (probably in spring) I was thinking of just caving and giving them some hatching eggs. But then there's the cockerels, which I can't have here in Cleveland. I wouldn't want to hatch them if it's gonna be too hard to rehome. I would say we could eat them but they will probably be crowing before they are at good eating size.

Anyway, let me know your experience with rehoming cockerels in NE Ohio.
Not sure about Cockerels but I do know someone that is having trouble getting rid of his beautiful drake ducks. I guess there is an auction up there somewhere that you can go to though because that is what he said he would probably be doing.

Back
Top Bottom