OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

Like what? What are they doing? My chickens are hard molting for the first time. They molted last year but it was barely noticable. This year, it looks like a huge pillow fight in the run

Welcome!
Yea mine started molting back in the beginning of August. The squirls are running around like crackheads looking for food and there was a migration of birds so bit they picked it up on the weather satellites. So it's been a bunch of things. Farmers almanac says this Years gonna suck. I tend to trust it

Yea mine started molting back in the beginning of August. The squirls are running around like crackheads looking for food and there was a migration of birds so bit they picked it up on the weather satellites. So it's been a bunch of things. Farmers almanac says this Years gonna suck. I tend to trust it
I too noticed the squirrels really going crazy. And the geese are heading south already. I take the Farmers Almanac with a grain of salt. They were pretty wrong last year

I had heard they predicted a bad winter for last year too but it was mild where I am here in Ohio. We still have all of our geese so I am hoping where I am it will be mild. Up near Cleveland always gets hit a lot harder than us. We are very fortunate. I am 18 miles East of Columbus so more Central. I hope anyone up there does not get hit hard this year.

Thats great Becky! I have to agree with you I think a bad winter is coming.
How funny, I've been saying the same thing for a couple of weeks. Just something in the air, maybe, or figuring we are about to get slammed because last year's was so mild as to be almost nothing, save the Christmas blizzard.

Thank you!
Like what? What are they doing? My chickens are hard molting for the first time. They molted last year but it was barely noticable. This year, it looks like a huge pillow fight in the run

Welcome

Welcome!

Hello fellow Buckeyes! Is anyone interested in 5 hens? Free to good home. They are around three years old, two are still laying and three are molting. The two still laying are a leghorn mix and some other white mix(lays dark brown eggs) the three molting are a SLW, pearl star leghorn, and a light brahma. I'm just trying to get chicks and don't have the space to add chicks to these girls. Let me know! Willing to travel a little to drop them off, around north central Ohio. I can butcher them myself but I wanted to see if they could find a good home first. I can also get pictures if anyone is interested

Back
Top Bottom