Ohio National...

I believe that admission is $5, and I don't know if they allow you to leave and come back. Couldn't tell you about parking; for the fair and QH Congress, I always park on 4th or Summit and walk in.

Quote:
You can get back in with the admission. You get a little card that says you paid. I want to say that we spent about $15-20 on a pass for parking for the weekend. I think it was almost $5 for parking each time you came in--it was pricey as I remember. Don't quote me but I think those prices are pretty close.

Last edited:
Quote:
I want to echo the comments about food at the show. It is low quality, high priced and the service makes the lack of variety look good.
The OHIO NATIONAL makes nothing off the food concession (wish we did) and I really recomend that you pack a cooler with your own refreshements, lunch and snacks. That way you will have more money to spend on important things - birds and bird stuff.

Going off grounds for lunch is also a good idea but remember the parking charge will be collected again unless you have a weekend pass.

BIG NEWS- CELEBRITIES AT THE OHIO NATIONAL

We recieved news this morning that The Chicken Wisperer will be broadcast nationally on Saturday from The OHIO NATIONAL. They will be on the air from 10 to 11 am and those of you not at the show can hear the goings on at the show by tuning in on your computer at

http://www.radiosandysprings.com/showpages/backyardpoultry.php

I don't belive that The Chicken Wisperer has ever traveled this far north and we promise no freezing weather for these residents of the Atlanta area.

I don't have all the information but I understand that the crew will also be presenting a slide show. We are going to have to manipulate the schedule so ask at the show when the presentation will be.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In addition we we will be favored with the presence of Dr. Keith Bramwell from the University of Arkansas Poultry Science Program.

http://poultryscience.uark.edu/

Dr. Bramwell

http://poultryscience.uark.edu/bramwell.html

comes to The OHIO NATIONAL armed with scholorship and job opportunites hunting for youngsters interested in careers in Poultry Science that start out at the University of Arkansas. I know of individuals who are now in that program and all I can say is WOW! I woudn't be an accountant/engineer today if I had had those opportunities.

BTW Dr. Bramwell has a high level of interest in backyard poultry and personally maintains a flock of many breeds of non industrial poultry that produces chicks for Arkansas Junior Fair exhibitors.

Stop the University table in the showhall and find out about opportunities in Poultry Science.

This is going to be our first big poultry show as well. I am hoping to talk to a breeder about Buckeye's. My kids and I are super excited and my husband just rolls his eyes. We are only about 30 mins away so no room parties for us. My kids showed cornish x's at the fair and once we got them butchered the kids missed the chickens so we got some hens from a guy on craigslist. We really want to get into the heritage breeds and the Buckeye is the one we have chosen. I also think the kids will talk me into some silkies, they also want to show them to. I think they may enter the junior show next year if we can get some high quality birds. Hope to see you all there.

I'm trying to figure out which chickens to take. I tested 12, and am showing 2....I change my mind hourly.
barnie.gif

Quote:
You can only take 2 out of the 12??! That must be a difficult decision to make!

(Off topic: Ryu, I was going to PM you--those Dutch I hatched earlier this year from your sister's birds? My little cockeral got best of breed this past weekend at the MD State Poultry Fanciers show.
big_smile.png
wee.gif
I thought you guys might want to know! The hen just started laying, too. I'm tickled pink with them.
smile.png
)

I wanna go to Ohio sooooo bad!! But it's too far of a drive for us to go just to hang out. Have fun, everyone--and good luck!!!

Back
Top Bottom