Ok, some pics of Lily and Dash, 19 weeks now, Oh My! Pics heavy

Yup, they are an odd couple and boy are they attached. Lily hogs the camera, as she just is "in your face" all the time wantin to know what your doing. She is a pretty lil gal, and ornery as all get out. She charges the big girls then runs and hides behind Dash! I have to chase Dash down to get pics of her.
gig.gif
Dash is very shy but has a temper. Never knew a chicken could have a temper, but read about one I think called Olivia? that did on someones website. She gets mad at Lily sometimes cuz Lily charges her and she does NOT like being charged! I should enter Lily in some chicken racing contests, I dont think there is a chicken in the world that could beat her (other than Lucky of LCRT's).
gig.gif
I have never seen the likes of her, she will put her head down and I swear you hear the bugles..."charge!"... She has done it all her life and I rather hope she doesnt stop as its just too cute. Cyn, did Lexie charge all over the place when she was young? This girl doesnt WALK anywhere! Main mode of locomotion is charging.
lau.gif

SC, that's cute about Penny. Fussy is a bit that way with MY chair, she loves to sit in it. She loves to sit on my lap tho, I cant help but love that girl since she is always wanting attention. Her antics in the trash can just crack me up.

And yep, little Dash has colored in rust on her dark feathers. I didnt realize it was called partridge, in the pics it really shows up even more, or in the sunlight. She is just such a cute lil thing, and her and Lily just adore each other. Pretty soon we will be on egg watch, Lily's comb turned pretty red just overnight last night.
th.gif

Jill

Lexie does tend to run everywhere. She's been in an extended molt, months on end, and was mostly naked till about a week ago, when she quit laying (finally!) and now is covered in prickly feather quills. She hates to be touched/picked up now, probably because it's just very uncomfortable for her and she does run all over the place to get away from contact right now. Usually, she's the opposite. Can't wait to see what color egg Lily lays!

Jill, that picture of Dash jumping is amazing, she really got up there! I love the coloring of Dash. She used to be just a little dark puff ball and look at her now. It has been so much fun watching Lily and Dash grow up together.
Can any chicken have as much peronality as Lily? She just cracks me up. She has grown into a real looker herself.

Thanks for sharing the pictures and stories of these two. Your captions are great.

Keep us posted.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom