Ok- toys are cheap, but...

Rolled BACK... well, at least it's not just me. I've got a knack for remembering some things, and I thought maybe my noggin was on the fritz.

walmart.jpg

*note, not saying anyone here is an idiot, but couldn't find this picture without the caption.

Last edited:
Quote:
Uprights take up less space but are more expensive to run than chest type freezers. Also chest type freezers hold heat better if the power fails an you can open them without all your cold air falling out.

I know you are right, but I am 5'3" and I can't reach down into a big chest freezer. My arms are too short, but if I get one of the smaller ones maybe I can work it out . . .thanks for the input!! I actually had forgotten about that.

Quote:
Be careful what you wish for; my nephew is a truck driver and his company just told all the drivers that the loads are smaller and fewer. I think 2010 is going to be a tough year for all of us. Asthma or not, I am going to start using our fireplace again.

Quote:
can you just IMMAGINE the number of bad checks that come through a single WalMart in a single day though???

I work at a pizza place and I swear we get 15 hot checks a week. I don't blame anybody a bit for refusing to take checks! They do them electornically anyway, in case you haven't noticed, the paper check is on it's way OUT. Get a debit card. "Visa - accepted everywhere you want to be"
wink.png

WalMart frequently raises and lowers prices on different items. I guess they think we won't notice
roll.png

The trick is to know what the "normal" is and what the higher price is, and buy accordingly. For example, Rotel used to be like 78 or 80 cents a can. Last year or so it went up to freakin $1.28 or so.....BUT sometimes they drop it back down to around 85 cents. When it's at the lower price --- I buy a case of it! Same thing goes for Hunt's canned tomatoes. They had a HUGE price jump last year, but sometimes you can catch them back for 88cents a can and stock up. Same for Spaghetti sauce, it used to always be $1.50/jar then it started sometimes being $1.68 or more, so now when it's back down to $1.50 we buy a couple of "extras" and just pass up on it when it's higher. Keep a price book so you'll know a good price when you find one.

Quote:
gig.gif
That also really irritates me.
I used to buy Brats (bratworst sausage) for once a month kinda thing, and there were ALWAYS 6 in a pack, now there are 5 and the same prices... it really annoys me so much I haven't bought them again, they did that a couple of months ago.

Last edited:
My goat hasn't raised her price on milk. The 12 loaves of bread I bake and freeze every month suffers little from "gouging" The root cellar charges nothing to keep my home brew chilled. Focus your energy on doing why waste energy on complaining?

Back
Top Bottom