***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Buckguy20, May 9, 2011.

1. mjgigax

mjgigax Overrun With Chickens

Jul 15, 2010
    Choctaw, OK
    There are lots of colors and sizes of Eggplants. I usually grow long Japanese.They are about 6" or 7" long and only aboyt 1 1/2" diameter, very tender and mild, great grilled. They were one of the few things that produced in last summer's heat. I have also grown white with lavender streaks that are egg shaped and about 2" x3".

2. Poco Pollo

Poco Pollo Vista de Nada Farm

Jun 14, 2009
    Haskell, OK
    We have snow! It's bitter cold out there. The ducks don't seem to care, but the chickens are not happy.

3. Sooner

Sooner My kids Mom!

Mar 22, 2009
    Oklahoma
    It is snowing again here! I go in alittle later today if I can make it off my road, if not I will come back home.

Hope everyone has a great day!!!

4. poultryand bees

poultryand bees ~Drives a Magic Poultry Van~

Feb 4, 2008
    Oklahoma City
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

You have found a wonderful group of folks who would love to assist you in the acquisition of more poultry than you ever dreamed of owning. Any chicken laying a blue/green egg is probably an Easter Egger (EE) and I saw that Kassaundra identified your EE from the picture you posted. ( I have a naked neck hen that lays a green egg, so I won't say that "all" chickens that lay a green egg are EEs)

Please let us know what you experience at the Coweta auction.

Disclaimer: Some of us are addicted to attending poultry auctions (and hatching eggs and otherwise acquiring poultry) Since addicts tend to be enablers, we may try to assist you in the acquisition of the same addictions - and they can all start with attendance at a poultry auction. [​IMG]

5. fairwindminishetland

fairwindminishetland Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2010
    seminole oklahoma
    My Coop
    Yes, snow here...and it looks very cold! SHould be fun taking care of the ponies this morning...the chickens have a nice tractor! All have fun getting out in the cold breeze....

6. Tony O

Tony O Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:
    Would just like to say [​IMG], on the Okie side.

7. Kassaundra

Kassaundra Sonic screwdrivers are cool!

Sep 1, 2010
    Henryetta
    My buttered pecan custard came out wonderful, definately will be doing that again.

8. fairwindminishetland

fairwindminishetland Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2010
    seminole oklahoma
    My Coop
    Yes, it depends on what you are putting up...some things like fruit it's ok to water bath...otherwise better to pressure...I want one of those too! Let us know how you like it...Which one are you getting and how much is the pressure cooker?

9. old*cowboy

old*cowboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2011
    arapaho, okla.
    Who was your old ag teacher? This morning hard to say, but probable 3 to 4 inches here at Arapaho.

10. old*cowboy

old*cowboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2011
    arapaho, okla.
    Not nice to not share

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by