***OKIES in the BYC III ***

rofl, Bill! Frokies??
And RetiredArmyWife-we're such Chicken Newbies that we both had to post Snowbirds pics lol! Aren't they hilarious???? The 2 may be Polish mixes but they look like Spitzhauben to me. In my one picture of my Faverolles boy down in the left hand corner you can see a Spitzhauben (or Spitz mix). I've got 2, one is in another picture also. Yours are beautiful. The one does look just like my Cuckoo Marans.
Oh man, Robin, that sucks about your daughter! Is there a way for him to get there by himself and they can join him in a month?? Don''t you just want to strangle your kids sometimes? I feel your pain.
Poco, that's a really pretty goat! And that's one thing I noticed when I went out to let the birds out this morning-all the snow in the pens were covered with wild bird tracks! I never realized the birds got right down INTO the pens with my babies-horrors.
I am quite proud of my mixed heritage chickens LOL

thanks RetiredArmyWifei'd love to have one lie it for the banties

looked up avian gout- apparently too high of protein can cause serious issues- now my question- in the winter i feed higher protein and to my surprise the girls started laying again! why would higher protein cause that?

I love seeing all the pics of the birds seeing the snow. This is our first snow with birds as well. Our guineas didn't want out this morning. Usually they are out there chattering at me before dawn wanting out to graze. But this morning I went and opened the gate to their yard and they just stood there looking at the snow with a look that said "are you crazy, Im not going out in that!" and then ran back in their little shed. The crazy dingleberries! Gotta love them though, lol.

Winter wonderland at the Koch place.The madagascar dont like the cold as well as the NN. I may have to find some old socks and cut the toes out to make them some little turtleneck sweaters.
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom