***OKIES in the BYC III ***

I've grown the lemon cukes several times before so I knew those and I've seen the others in catalogues before. How do they taste? Are they just like other cukes or is there something unique about them other than that they are brown?
I wasn't impressed by them. They were supose to be resistant to cuke beetles and powder mildew, which hasn't been a problem this year so not sure if that is true or not. They were also not supose to be able to get bitter, but that I can tell you isn't true. They have not been very productive either, but they are still alive where the regular cukes died in the heat. I may plant a few next year, but not many.

Seasons 1-6 of Dr Who are available to stream for free with our Amazon Prime.
I gotta ask....is this something I want to get addicted to?
And is it as good as Justified?
Yes. Yes you do. It is as good as the hype overall. There are episodes here and there that, depending on what kind of TV watcher you are, you may find them slow or even bad. But it's kind of all over the place. For instance, in the first season there are three episodes about a certain species of aliens that a lot of people simply hate. But then there are other people who found those same episodes funny as heck. What you need to know, desperately, before you start, is that there are a few little web episode extras that were shown on specials in the UK, or were on the web only, that are important bits of characterization. Most of those extras were included on the DVDs, but they aren't on Amazon Prime or Netflix. I'd suggest starting with Season one, Episode one of the 2005 revival series. The episode is called "Rose". You don't have to go back and watch Classic. Although the new stories take place after the classic series in continuity, it was designed to be a new starting place for new viewers. I would NOT skip straight to the 2010 season because you will miss a lot of backstory. Some characters will figure heavily in the last two seasons and the upcoming one, but if you miss their original introduction, you have lost a lot of the emotional impact of their arc. Anyway, message me for the web special you need between the first and second season if you decide to go for it and you like it. Edited to add: After you're hooked, and you've watched all six of the seasons on Amazon Prime, and you've figured out how to watch the new season that's starting on September 1, then of COURSE you'll want to go back and watch some classic to get to know the Doctor better. Also, BFA audio dramas. They are some seriously good stories with the original actors.

Last edited:
Our best cucmbers this yr were armanian. They are still producing. We only planted 1/2 a pack of ferry Morris brand seed & Taron has sold at least $50 worth @ market. We took this wk off market & she was made because she has cucumbers to sell & it isn't fair that I don't take her to sell them!
Even at 9lbs the armanians were still tender. Skin & all. We will grow them every yr now!!!!

My armenians did second best so far, but they are still producing where the regular ones are not, just don't turn your back on an armenian they are worse then zuchs, they will become the size of a volkeswagon van overnight.

Dang, MacGuyver, you're a Who Addict lol!!! I shouldnt talk, I have a very addictive personality when it comes to hobbies. I never much cared for SciFi though, I don't think I ever did manage to watch an entire episode of XFiles the times I tried so hard to. But CSI and the cop shows? i love those!

Dang, MacGuyver, you're a Who Addict lol!!! I shouldnt talk, I have a very addictive personality when it comes to hobbies. I never much cared for SciFi though, I don't think I ever did manage to watch an entire episode of XFiles the times I tried so hard to. But CSI and the cop shows? i love those!
I didn't like Xfiles either. I find the CSI and cop shows to be as much or more fiction then sci-fi lol I roll my eyes and laugh at the lab technicians carrying guns and being the first into an active crimescene w/ the criminal still there leading the real police. Or getting DNA results back in an hour or two, it took our officers over 6 weeks to get them back. lol lol lol

But I do like watching some of them Law and Order, NCIS and Criminal Minds (as much for Derek as the story though)

Morning all!!!
caf.gif
Got to go sell some eggs, Have a great day and stay dry!!!! (HOPE for rain!!!!)
yesss.gif

I am still around but I can't keep up since I am not at my computer that much. I spend all of my time trying to catch up.
Good to hear from you and "Grace's Dad" Not a whole lot of the originals around anymore but there are a few.POOPS is usually around the first weekend of May so plan to come next time.
Buckguy!!!! So good to hear from you! I was wondering if you still hung around here. Maybe all us oldies should go back to a Yahoo group. Lol

I would love to make it to POOPS! You guys still have it in Choctaw? You'll have to shoot me a BYC pm whenever you find out the date. I haven't even been to a show in years =( I went to garage sale this summer, they had chickens. Never imagined hearing a rooster crow would make me so happy! Lol.

Back
Top Bottom