***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Evening, OKies
caf.gif

I'm taking a break before I go check the flock. Takes less time than it used to, with my favorite birds living other places now
hanghead.gif
[heavy sigh]. I'm going to be buried under a pile of papers this weekend, so if you see that I'm online, talk to me for a minute if you can spare the time. The senior awards banquet is Monday night. Final exams happen Wednesday and Thursday. Seniors graduate Friday.
ya.gif
yesss.gif
hit.gif
I sure am going to miss (some of) my students
42kmoig.gif
<~~~~~= I won't miss these guys. I'll get to spend more time figuring out how to keep allergens outside. I think a decontamination chamber, in an airlock between the side porch and the back door, will work. Any ideas on how to build one?

I have an 11 1/2 week old cockerel that I am rehoming. We live in the city and cannot keep him. I honestly don't know what he is. He is very large for this age and has huge feet (maybe I'm just used to pullets). He is black with brown feathers around his neck and splashes of dark green feathers. He has grown up with three pullets and so far has been nice but is hard to catch. I will post him on craigslist either tomorrow or Sunday for a small fee but would give him to someone from this board for free. Can anyone tell me what he is?

This is him as a baby on the left.

Don't judge me, my kids had fun with it. :O)

He's the same age as the little brown one in this photo (I don't know what she is either).

It was a gorgeous day today. I was able to spend some time in the garden weeding a few beds. The onions are growing out after the hail damage.

Moved 9 more juveniles chicks outside today. It is always fun watching them adjust to the outdoors.
One of the bigger cockerels started running around the enclosure with a feather in his beak with four others running after him.
Then out in the pasture, one of the calves started to investigate two of the wild Canadian geese.. The pair took off waddling as fast as their feet could run for the pond which of course drew the attention of two other calves. The chase was on, but the geese won.
A black cow had a smokey gray heifer out of a black bull yesterday and we got a really close look at her when she walked right up to the Ranger and sniffed my hand when the cow came up for a cube.
Love living in the country!!

I have an 11 1/2 week old cockerel that I am rehoming. We live in the city and cannot keep him. I honestly don't know what he is. He is very large for this age and has huge feet (maybe I'm just used to pullets). He is black with brown feathers around his neck and splashes of dark green feathers. He has grown up with three pullets and so far has been nice but is hard to catch. I will post him on craigslist either tomorrow or Sunday for a small fee but would give him to someone from this board for free. Can anyone tell me what he is?
LL
This is him as a baby on the left. Don't judge me, my kids had fun with it. :O) He's the same age as the little brown one in this photo (I don't know what she is either).
He looks to be a black copper marans

Could it possibly be a pullet? We really wanted a Copper Maran and I just assumed it was a boy due to it's big feet and wattles but looking at pictures the girls have big wattles. How old are they when their tail feathers get bigger?

Could it possibly be a pullet?  We really wanted a Copper Maran and I just assumed it was a boy due to it's big feet and wattles but looking at pictures the girls have big wattles.  How old are they when their tail feathers get bigger?
It sure looks to be a roo my BCM's are 6 months old and my pullets have started laying but my roo's still don't have much of a tail yet, and their the same age.

It sure looks to be a roo my BCM's are 6 months old and my pullets have started laying but my roo's still don't have much of a tail yet, and their the same age.
I read elsewhere that the pullets never have copper anywhere other than their neck. If that's true, it's definitely a roo.
sad.png

I read elsewhere that the pullets never have copper anywhere other than their neck.  If that's true, it's definitely a roo.  :(
You may try keeping him till he crows, my BCM's don't crow that much and their not that loud, my legorn roo on the other hand never shuts up and you can hear him a mile away.

Back
Top Bottom