***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Today watching the tornado coverage and the thousands of Oklahomans helping anyone in need has made me so proud to call Oklahoma my home. I may be a born and bred Californian but I will be an Okie till my dying day.
yep- same here- grew up in san diego- but my heart is here!

will spend most the morning cleaning up outside- lots of mud and goosh to clear out, but that is minor- prayers for everyone

anyone have muscovy eggs?? i would love some to get rid of these dang flies!

Last edited:
I have 6 pullets that are 7 weeks old, so he should have plenty in two months are least! I will consider waiting to see if this behaviour change. If my husband is around and turns his back he goes for the attack, always waits until my husband turns its back. With me he runs away and cools down.
The thing is the rooster goes for my husband legs but he wear jeans, the moment he is with shorts the story will change in a second.
Can you bring a water hose in w/ you when you go into the roos yard? If so put it on the jet setting and waterboard the crap out of him, especially when he attacks but even if he just looks at you funny. Mine are in a big yard so I waterboard until the water won't reach any further, I do it periodically even if they aren't doing anything just to keep fresh in their little rooster brains not to mess w/ me. I have said on other threads about this subject, I do not want my roos love, I want thier fear. Sounds harsh, but it won't hurt them like a stick or shovel up side the head, and makes a much bigger impression on them, I've had them come back for more w/ a physical assault, but they NEVER come back for more w/ the water boarding.

Quote:
Katherine, Glad you guys are ok, was thinking of you and the cattle! We, and are cattle and chickens, are all ok here - Our place is located just south of the high school. Most of Newcastle is ok - Everything sw of 44...so auction barn, etc is fine. The area hit is the new development northwest of the Walmart. I am not aware of any byc folks there, but could be wrong. Scary stuff - particularly the fact that the school shelters failed (I am assuming that they had 'shelters' there). Kim

A few chick pics these were taken a couple of days ago when they were 3.5 ish weeks old

I am pretty sure this is a girl, really hoping she keeps her white face, but her body was white chipmunk and is now darkening a lot, looks like a top knot too.

Just look at daddy Oreo, being a good daddy even though the chicks are in a seperate area, w/ cover for thier protection from cats and hawks.

This EE has some interesting looking colors, but sadly I am pretty sure he is a he

This one is looking a lot like mensa not sure yet about gender

Does this one look blue??? Not that it is probably going to matter much pretty sure he is a boy.

This is buzz, really really hoping for a girl, going to break my heart if he is a boy.

The pirrana are eating their favorite treat eggs

A few chick pics these were taken a couple of days ago when they were 3.5 ish weeks old

I am pretty sure this is a girl, really hoping she keeps her white face, but her body was white chipmunk and is now darkening a lot, looks like a top knot too.

Just look at daddy Oreo, being a good daddy even though the chicks are in a seperate area, w/ cover for thier protection from cats and hawks.

This EE has some interesting looking colors, but sadly I am pretty sure he is a he

Does this one look blue??? Not that it is probably going to matter much pretty sure he is a boy.

This is buzz, really really hoping for a girl, going to break my heart if he is a boy.

great pics, wow they sure are growing fast.

Thanks for the pics - cute babies and what a good roo!

just got home from shopping- they have jersy giants at orchlens, geese, turkeys- couldn't warrant getting more-

gorgeous pics Kass!

here are a few of mine...

dragons chicks

this one acts like a girl....
fl.gif

this little guy is a mystery, he has a poof on his head- daddy is a blue swedish- mom is either swedish, pekin or harlequin(hatchery girl)

Back
Top Bottom