***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Any okies still on here? Just watched Mask of Zorro.
lol.png
Random!

I've got new layers- woohoo! An Isbar pullet started last week, and I think now all 3 of them are laying, then this week I have two new Cream Legbar layers! Got 5 eggs today between those and the Marans which have started again, too! Thank goodness for supplemental light! ;)

I've got new layers- woohoo! An Isbar pullet started last week, and I think now all 3 of them are laying, then this week I have two new Cream Legbar layers! Got 5 eggs today between those and the Marans which have started again, too! Thank goodness for supplemental light! ;)
Yay for new layers!
lol.png
I have bad news--it appears all of those black ameraucanas are... dun dun dun... roosters. Which means if I keep theone closest to the standard, I just need... hens.
th.gif
What have I gotten into?
lau.gif

I have been digging myself deeper and deeper into this hole of insanity, metaphorically speaking. *Bawk, bawk*

Quote: Yes, it's the one with those two. I've never seen the black and white one, but I have this... This thing for anybody with a cape and slicked back hair...
lol.png
And that's why I'm not so attracted to today's young men.
roll.png

Meh. Dating is forbidden from me until I'm old enough to marry, anyways. My parents' rule, and it's probably a good one.

Yes, it's the one with those two. I've never seen the black and white one, but I have this... This thing for anybody with a cape and slicked back hair...
lol.png
And that's why I'm not so attracted to today's young men.
roll.png

Meh. Dating is forbidden from me until I'm old enough to marry, anyways. My parents' rule, and it's probably a good one.
That was my gma's rule too. "The purpose for dating is to find a lifemate, if your not able, willing, or ready to marry you don't need to date" that is what she always told me. She had a bad childhood got pregnant at 14 by a fast talking 40 year old, forced to marry him, only to be abandonded by him shortly after the birth of my father. She was determined that was not going to happen to me.

Let me know if you see any Minorcas or Spanish at the auction!
Sorry did not see any Minorcas or Spanish.. Those are rare commodities at the auctions around here.. Prices were crazy high tonight.. Wish I had taken those cochins I need to sell...
he.gif
My luck if I do end up taking them to the auction they will go for nothing....
idunno.gif

Since today was so nice I put the Marans I got at the Shawnee show out in the chicken tractor. This is first time they have been outside since I brought them home Dec 14. They are Oct 2013 hatch. Should I leave them out with the upcoming below freezing temps or bring back into house till we have steady nights above freezing?
They need some time to accumulate to these cold temperatures. With the weather getting so cold I would take more time to get them used to being outside..

Oh, they most definitelt like being in a "pack"; I know that Suka is very social. However, she's extremely territorial when I go to the park, often putting herself between me and other people/dogs. I'm working on training her out of that, because it poses more of a problem, since I don't need a bodyguard.
lol.png
Bodyguard dogs are not always a bad thing..

Working on lesson plans for the third and fourth quarters. Is The Mask of Zorro the movie with Anthony Hopkins and Antonio Bandaras? I prefer the old black-and-white Zorro's Fighting Legion.
You are some much more motivated then I am.. My lesson plans are usually only about a month ahead...
I love The Mask of Zorro with Anthony Hopkins and Antonio Bandaras...

Quote: That's horrible!

My parents' reason is because of the religion we belong to, which I will discuss no further on a public forum, but I personally have no need nor to desire to have a boyfriend in any way.
lol.png
The only downside to that is being the local weird girl. But with an obsession with coffee, numerous chickens, and living like people from old days, I'm already considered "weird" by most people aside from my elders. And I don't really care.
bun.gif

That's horrible!

My parents' reason is because of the religion we belong to, which I will discuss no further on a public forum, but I personally have no need nor to desire to have a boyfriend in any way.
lol.png
The only downside to that is being the local weird girl. But with an obsession with coffee, numerous chickens, and living like people from old days, I'm already considered "weird" by most people aside from my elders. And I don't really care.
bun.gif
I was squarely in the "weird" camp too, but now most of those peers who thought I was so weird then are more like me now, and have told me how much they respected me back then (even though it sure didn't feel much like respect then)

Quote: Hmm, yeah. Respect can be disguised, I guess. I know that it doesn't feel like respect to me. I get the feeling even my friends don't like me all that much. Homeschoolers are weird, according to them.
roll.png

But I get along great with adults!
lol.png
I'll be ignored by my friends, and it's almost like, "Well two can play at that game," because I'll just go and hang out with the adults.

Back
Top Bottom