***OKIES in the BYC III ***

I know that goats don't actually eat everything as a general rule, but I was thinking if he took a bite like they normally do, it's possible he found something in the feathers that he might be missing in his diet. People and animals eat weird things when their dietary needs are lacking for some reason. He may not be absorbing enough keratin or need higher protein. Or he may just be an odd duck... errr... goat.... errrr duck goat.
yuckyuck.gif
I never even thought about that. It makes sense. I've seen my chickens pick up a feather and eat the end of it. I never really thought much about it, since I really try to feed well. My goats have a goat bucket. (mineral). Just putting this out there, but maybe it would help

Hi, I hate to butt in here, since this has nothing to do with what you all are talking about, BUT does anyone know who might be raising Frizzles?
My good friend is looking to buy some or get some eggs, and we don't know where to look, I thought maybe someone here can help. We live in south central OK, down near Pauls Valley.
She likes Bantams. Thanks everyone for letting me ask this.

Hi, I hate to butt in here, since this has nothing to do with what you all are talking about, BUT does anyone know who might be raising Frizzles?
My good friend is looking to buy some or get some eggs, and we don't know where to look, I thought maybe someone here can help. We live in south central OK, down near Pauls Valley.
She likes Bantams. Thanks everyone for letting me ask this.

Your not butting in at all, the conversation is always open.
x2

I meant Kassaundra has a new picture!
And to hotcurlt, I bet not a lot of folks know where Dewar is...but I do!
And it is not do war, it is doer. or Dur as some say.
I used to live up there. Nice quiet place

Hey! It's been so long since I posted...you have a new picture! Very nice!

Thanks. It was taken in mid Nov. the night of the big Doctor Who 50th anniversary film. I was going to dress as River Song, but didn't order the wig in time! lol Since I wasn't in work clothes or garden/chicken clothes I made Gary take a picture of me.

True5 that is something respiratory. Chickens have no room in their sinuses so respiratory problems manifest in the eyes. Could just be a cold or it could be something more serious. Treat with Tetroxy HCA, Gallimycin, or Denagard in the water or with a shot of Tylan in the breast muscle. Since you've exposed your whole flock I would suggest cutting to the chase and treating the whole flock NOW.

Pictures from this weekend, some of these are ones I added to my website:

splash Isbar

Blue Isbars

Swedish Flower Hens

Jubilee Orpington

Exchequer Leghorn

Cream Legbars

Black Isbar cockerel

Double Laced Barnevelders

BCM eggs- they are actually darker in person, I'd say they are a good 6-7.

Ameraucana
I just luff your Ameraucanas! :'D And those splash isbars...

Love that one!
lol.png
Face is priceless!!!!

I have four Ameraucanas left, as it turns out...
hide.gif
And all four seem to be cockerels...
roll.png

Thanks, she is a tiny little one, but spunky. She is my only EE left after the big massacre. I did have 2 boys, but didn't want any more boys, so they are going to live w/ Ksane at her roo sanctuary! lol

Back
Top Bottom