***OKIES in the BYC III ***

I had a d'uccle chick born and 5 more pip today. I am going to need Easter candy names too
Awww, how cute! I had three easter eggers....oh! How appropriate!
lol.png

We took the girls to an extended-family Easter brunch in Tulsa. Over a hundred eggs were boiled, colored, and hidden for this event. The official egg count for "found" eggs was one short of the number hidden. With coffee and dessert in hand, one of the older (taller) adults discovered the last egg nestled in the space between the porch post and the soffit.

I often wonder if the easter egg hunt origins didn't come about from some ranch mom sending the kids out to find the hen's nests and raiding them.

Goodness! What a downpour! With all this rain I stayed on the back porch and drank my tea while some of my girls braved the rain. One is soaked and the others took refuge under drier places. My Marans pullets decided to stay on the back porch and act like they are "stuck" and like my kids, bored. So I decided after sitting out there long enough that I come inside and shove the cat off the couch and take his warm spot. Im trying to encourage him to lay on my feet but he wont budge.

Sounds like so many babies being born! I love the pictures! Keep them coming! Were currently looking for a Holstein milk cow and some calves we can raise for beef. If any of you know of any that are decent priced keep me in mind and let me know!

I have a new problem arising with my girls. My newly laying orpington decided she wants to eat eggs. So I tried a hollowed egg with mustard in it. THEY STILL ATE IT!
he.gif
(My EE decided she wanted to dig in and run with it since it had a hole in it. :/) Dang it. So any ideas are appreciated. I thought of throwing some easter eggs in there but will they work since they are plastic?
I was given some eggs so now I am incubating a third hatch date. Six are under my broody bantam Cochin and the rest are in the incubator. I have one person in mind if she wants a Dorking. They will be ready as soon as I can sex them.
wink.png

Coweta auction sounded like fun! Is anyone going to the one at Lee's Feed? We will try to make it to that one!

Goodness! What a downpour! With all this rain I stayed on the back porch and drank my tea while some of my girls braved the rain. One is soaked and the others took refuge under drier places. My Marans pullets decided to stay on the back porch and act like they are "stuck" and like my kids, bored. So I decided after sitting out there long enough that I come inside and shove the cat off the couch and take his warm spot. Im trying to encourage him to lay on my feet but he wont budge.

Sounds like so many babies being born! I love the pictures! Keep them coming! Were currently looking for a Holstein milk cow and some calves we can raise for beef. If any of you know of any that are decent priced keep me in mind and let me know!

I have a new problem arising with my girls. My newly laying orpington decided she wants to eat eggs. So I tried a hollowed egg with mustard in it. THEY STILL ATE IT!
he.gif
(My EE decided she wanted to dig in and run with it since it had a hole in it. :/) Dang it. So any ideas are appreciated. I thought of throwing some easter eggs in there but will they work since they are plastic?
I was given some eggs so now I am incubating a third hatch date. Six are under my broody bantam Cochin and the rest are in the incubator. I have one person in mind if she wants a Dorking. They will be ready as soon as I can sex them.
wink.png

Coweta auction sounded like fun! Is anyone going to the one at Lee's Feed? We will try to make it to that one!
http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2012/10/egg-eating-chickens-how-to-break-habit.html

Quote:
Yes, they sleep a lot. They work HARD to get out of those shells! As long as they can get around and be active when they're not sleeping, and they don't stand around with their heads down, they should be fine. If you see them doing a lot of standing and leaning forward, and they're not very responsive when you try to get their attention, that's when you should worry.

Back
Top Bottom