***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Long before PEX I plumbed in a travel trailer with plastic air line for semi trucks. It has the same basic make-up as PEX does and froze over and over with no bursts. I ran it overhead and then built a little covering out of wide base trim

You always have the coolest out of the box home repair / working ideas.

My flock has been feeling neglected for the past few days. Everyone got food, water, a quick pep talk, and then zip! I'd run back into the house. I've been helping my DH prepare for his ordination (Catholic Deacon), the highlight of his six-year religious formation studies. My part in the ceremony was small: carry John's stole and dalmatic to him after the Bishop prays the Prayer of Consecration. What if I tripped? What if his sleeve got stuck? What if I hand something to him backwards? We made it through the 2 1/2 hour mass, cried a lot as we hugged friends and family during the first reception at the cathedral, and then we packed up the grandkids and headed to the second reception.

I'm sorry my photos are not better. I turned my flash off so that I wouldn't distract anyone. The first photo shows John kneeling before the Bishop who presented the Book of the Gospels and said, "Receive the Gospel of Christ whose herald you have become. Believe what you read, teach what you believe, and practice what you teach." This was my favorite part of the ceremony.

Today, John delivered his first homily, and he prepared the wine at the altar and distributed holy communion.

Any Okie duck people out there? I have 4 ducks that I am tired of feeing. I have a peking drake, magpie drake, cayuga hen and another hen that I think is a kahki campbell. Would gladly trade for a bag of feed for my chickens.

My flock has been feeling neglected for the past few days. Everyone got food, water, a quick pep talk, and then zip! I'd run back into the house. I've been helping my DH prepare for his ordination (Catholic Deacon), the highlight of his six-year religious formation studies. My part in the ceremony was small: carry John's stole and dalmatic to him after the Bishop prays the Prayer of Consecration. What if I tripped? What if his sleeve got stuck? What if I hand something to him backwards? We made it through the 2 1/2 hour mass, cried a lot as we hugged friends and family during the first reception at the cathedral, and then we packed up the grandkids and headed to the second reception.

I'm sorry my photos are not better. I turned my flash off so that I wouldn't distract anyone. The first photo shows John kneeling before the Bishop who presented the Book of the Gospels and said, "Receive the Gospel of Christ whose herald you have become. Believe what you read, teach what you believe, and practice what you teach." This was my favorite part of the ceremony.

Today, John delivered his first homily, and he prepared the wine at the altar and distributed holy communion.

Congrats, I know you guys have been working towards this and looking forward to this for a while.

My flock has been feeling neglected for the past few days. Everyone got food, water, a quick pep talk, and then zip! I'd run back into the house. I've been helping my DH prepare for his ordination (Catholic Deacon), the highlight of his six-year religious formation studies. My part in the ceremony was small: carry John's stole and dalmatic to him after the Bishop prays the Prayer of Consecration. What if I tripped? What if his sleeve got stuck? What if I hand something to him backwards? We made it through the 2 1/2 hour mass, cried a lot as we hugged friends and family during the first reception at the cathedral, and then we packed up the grandkids and headed to the second reception. I'm sorry my photos are not better. I turned my flash off so that I wouldn't distract anyone. The first photo shows John kneeling before the Bishop who presented the Book of the Gospels and said, "Receive the Gospel of Christ whose herald you have become. Believe what you read, teach what you believe, and practice what you teach." This was my favorite part of the ceremony. Today, John delivered his first homily, and he prepared the wine at the altar and distributed holy communion.
That is so wonderful!! What church will he be at now? My husband and I are Catholic and have been looking for a church We have test drove a couple but it didn't feel right

That is so wonderful!! What church will he be at now? My husband and I are Catholic and have been looking for a church We have test drove a couple but it didn't feel right
The Bishop has assigned John to work with Father Mike at Saint Joseph in Muskogee, OK. Have you been to mass at the cathedral in Tulsa? It's beautiful. We miss Saint Therese (Collinsville), as the parish there is like one enormous extended family. We go to Saint Therese several times each year to reacquaint ourselves with our friends and the parish grounds. We will be buried in the cemetery at Saint Therese.

The Bishop has assigned John to work with Father Mike at Saint Joseph in Muskogee, OK.  Have you been to mass at the cathedral in Tulsa?  It's beautiful.  We miss Saint Therese (Collinsville), as the parish there is like one enormous extended family.  We go to Saint Therese several times each year to reacquaint ourselves with our friends and the parish grounds.  We will be buried in the cemetery at Saint Therese.  

We haven't been to Tulsa yet. We will have to go sometime.

Back
Top Bottom