***OKIES in the BYC III ***

headed out to do thanksgiving shopping- Tiffany and her sisters are in for the winter, in their pen under the diningroom table..and Tiffany starts crowing! So is Tiffany just becoming the head girl of the chicks? Or do i have a secret roo?

hu.gif
Sure looks like a she! Small comb, feminine head, rounded saddle feathers.

Guess what that is?!? My very first JUBILEE ORPINGTON EGG! It's quite big for a first. Of course, they're more than 32 weeks old, so I guess they should be! I can't wait for the others to start laying too! I trimmed butts today in hopes of increasing fertility. :)

I also cleaned the silo coop today. Yippee.

And also my Olive Egger coop. El Jeffe (the Blue Marans rooster) got out. He's a true jerk. I either need to keep him penned with his ladies, sell him, or send him to freezer camp. He charges me. I kick him. I've always won, but I don't think my daughter will EVER go down there if he's out. I didn't put them back in, because it's hard to catch a rooster in the middle of the day with a leg brace on.

If anyone wants him, let me know ASAP. I am NPIP, if that helps!

Please, pardon me for being blunt, but some of y'all are sounding like a bunch of chicken thieves.
hide.gif
If you want to stay on good terms with your neighbors, DON'T pen their chickens in your coop. Just because one keeps their chickens penned and the other neighbors let theirs free range doesn't mean they don't care for them. They do belong to someone. People can feed as much as you think they'll ever be able to eat. There will still be some chickens that will roam a ~LONG~ way from their home looking for something new, or more food. Especially if they were hatched and raised by a free range momma hen. They will still go to their home to roost in the evening.

I have to respectfully disagree, if I go into my neighbors yard and take his animals from his yard I have stolen them. If my neighbors animals are not kept in his yard and allowed to wander into my yard and he doesn't care enough about his animals to come and get them I have not stolen them. If they take up residence in my yard and I treat them as any other animal in my care and feed and shelter them I have not stolen them. It is not my responsibility to track animal owners down. I am very serious about keeping my animals in my yard and except the same courtesy extended to me. If my animals wander the moment I know of it I am immediately looking for them and fixing whatever problem of how they got out. If any animal regularly comes in my yard that I don't want there, and the owners don't take care of it, I will one way or another, and if I think the animal is a threat to me or my animals it won't take repeated visits to get taken care of. Everyone is responsible to keep their own animals in their own yard.

I have to respectfully disagree, if I go into my neighbors yard and take his animals from his yard I have stolen them. If my neighbors animals are not kept in his yard and allowed to wander into my yard and he doesn't care enough about his animals to come and get them I have not stolen them. If they take up residence in my yard and I treat them as any other animal in my care and feed and shelter them I have not stolen them. It is not my responsibility to track animal owners down. I am very serious about keeping my animals in my yard and except the same courtesy extended to me. If my animals wander the moment I know of it I am immediately looking for them and fixing whatever problem of how they got out. If any animal regularly comes in my yard that I don't want there, and the owners don't take care of it, I will one way or another, and if I think the animal is a threat to me or my animals it won't take repeated visits to get taken care of. Everyone is responsible to keep their own animals in their own yard.
That pretty much sums it up for many rural neighbors.

If anyone is interested, I have an Australorp rooster - free to a good home. He's about 8 months old. I got him from a friend who's kids were "done" with their 4-H project. He's large, healthy and not aggressive. I'm not up on the Standard of Perfection for Australorps, but he looks like a very nice bird. I just don't have a need for an Australorp in my flock.
I'm east of Broken Arrow. PM me if interested.

And, Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

I thought I would drop in real quick to wish everyone a safe and satisfying day with friends and family. I wish you all safe travel over this long holiday weekend, and the joy that only come from having time your closest friends and family.

Back
Top Bottom