***OKIES in the BYC III ***

here is an electrolyte recipe if you need it

Electolytes
1 cup water

2 teaspoons sugar

1/8 teaspoon salt

1/8 teaspoon baking soda

Use full strength on severely ailing chickens, otherwise mix into their drinking water as needed, a cup per gallon of water.

Replacing the electrolytes lost during times stress could mean the difference between life and death to your chickens.

Sweet,thx!

I have at least 2 pips this afternoon, hoping for a much better hatch this time around.  24 eggs made it to lock down, 2 or 3 looked iffy, but I only pull definite quiters or no goes.  I have 3 wanna be moms waiting in the wings.

Sure hope your hatch is good!
I just moved 20 quail and 44 chicken eggs to the hatcher that are due on the 24th.
Like you, I have broodies ready for chicks.....five.
And I have three Buckeyes, three Columbian Wyandotte, four Birchen Bantam and three Delaware Bantams sitting on eggs! Two Rosecomb Bantams just hatched chicks.

Just finished putting some electrolytes in all 5 waterers outside as well as turning the sprinkler on so it hits the hen house to cool it off.

Being on my place with trees and having the portable coop that has helped a lot. I never heard of electrolytes for chickens. Mind telling me more? Can you really tell a difference?
I'm blown away by the amount of info here.

I like Robyn's recipe and I keep the powder from Atwoods in the refrigerator in the barn. Electrolytes are really helpful.

23 made it to lockdown, 15 made it alive out of the shell alive, most of those are looking good, a couple are still overly weak time will tell on those. Not steller %'s but better then it's been all year. 3 scsc chicks one you guys have just got to see!!!! Almost positive I will brood the scsc inside and there is one that may be splayed leg if so that one will be brooded inside too.

The broody moms will accept and raise an scsc chick, however they have such a hard time staying warm enough during the first 2 ish weeks, they don't want to get out and about like the feathered ones they tend to want to stay under mom and not eat and get in danger of her scratching.

ep.gif
Handsome!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom