***OKIES in the BYC III ***

I agree the white guineas may be a pair. The one with different wattles may be a hen. On the other hand, I've had/have lots of hens with both wattles cupped. Does one make the two-syllable sound? They are nice birds--hope someone has claimed them.
They both only make the one syllable sound which is why I thought they were boys.

I do have a white girl that does the 2 syllable sound in with 3 lavenders, so I may keep 1 of the white boys for her. Probably the one with the smaller wattles... the one with the big wattles was beating the snot out of some of my chickens this morning. I also have 2 Lavender boys and 1 Lav girl... will keep a pair of these as well. I guess I would have to keep the white pair housed separate from the Lavender pair to get pure colors huh?

Hello fellow Okies! I'm wondering, when do you all recommend start incubating this year? I've been somewhat successful last fall, but thanks to my daughter secretly slipping a few eggs in the incubator I had some hatching in december. They are alive and well, just seems like it's tougher on them.
im getting my incubator (that I made last year) ready. I don't need any more chicks but I like hatching and the meat helps me justify to Joye the amount I spend on the birds. I don't expect to ever be as expert as some of y'all but it gives me something to do (like I need more).
1f60e.png

Last edited:
Hello fellow Okies! I'm wondering, when do you all recommend start incubating this year? I've been somewhat successful last fall, but thanks to my daughter secretly slipping a few eggs in the incubator I had some hatching in december. They are alive and well, just seems like it's tougher on them.

There is a Easter egg hatch along. I think the start date is March 5th. They have a thread on it called easter egg hath-a-long.

I just started the 4th incubator run. 1st was good with my eggs but shiped eggs only got 3 out of the dozen. My 2nd run went bad. My daughter bumped the thermostat dial and it was at 111 degres for several hours. I got 4. Only 1 from 2 dozen shipped eggs and 3 from mine. I started the 3rd in my wife's classroom on Tuesday and the 4th yesterday at home. I have 2 incubators running a few days apart. I'm selling 18 chicks today.

Hey Everyone!
Long time lurker, finally joined..... Extreme South Central Oklahoma checking in. Just wanted to say HI to everyone.

Doc

Back
Top Bottom