***OKIES in the BYC III ***

:welcome Thaatgurl! Sounds like you are getting a good start on your flock.

I moved 25 eggs into lockdown this afternoon and set 70 quail eggs and 90 Wyandotte and Cochin eggs.

Oooh are you selling any of those Wyandottes? I'm wanting a rooster for my ladies.. They're getting lonely without one, I'm sure.
1f602.png

:welcome Thaatgurl! Sounds like you are getting a good start on your flock.

I moved 25 eggs into lockdown this afternoon and set 70 quail eggs and 90 Wyandotte and Cochin eggs.

Oooh are you selling any of those Wyandottes? I'm wanting a rooster for my ladies.. They're getting lonely without one, I'm sure.
1f602.png

Do you just have the three chicks? At five and two days old, it is hard to determine sex unless a chick can be feather sexed. I have chicks in several ages and then have some up to 11 months of age.
Where are you located...I'm in Meeker..north of Shawnee.

welcome-byc.gif
Thaatgurl! Sounds like you are getting a good start on your flock.

Wow! That's quite a bit. I wanted to start out small, just three, but I sent the Hubs into town this morning to get three more
big_smile.png
- a buff orpington, a new hampshire red and a white leghorn. We're gonna have such a pretty flock.

Do you just have the three chicks? At five and two days old, it is hard to determine sex unless a chick can be feather sexed. I have chicks in several ages and then have some up to 11 months of age.
I use to work at the nursing home in Meeker a few years ago. Now I'm in Maud, southeast of Tecumseh. The guys at the feed store in Seminole said they order them sexed.

Heehee! I've got five big girls! Thaatgurl is the one with babes! Mine are all a year+ in age. But I'm waaay in Poteau!

I can't really tell what color it is. I've gotten a blue or silver partridge (it's only a few days old) and another light color (the chick was trampled right after hatching) from a white cockerel in a pen with two paints and a silver white showgirl. The rooster was the one I bought from Jean when we were at her place. They've not hatched any others so far. I've been told that white can be like a lab coat that is put on over regular clothing, thus hiding other colors. Of course, it's also my understanding that whites that have had only white in their background for many generations are pure white.

I think paint is still not clearly understood, so there could be something from that mix.

I hatched some white chicks from my Chocolate Cuckoo orpington pen!

Back
Top Bottom