***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Quote:
there are not Coronation Wyandottes, we have columbian and will start hatching them soon, since temps are dropping. If you woul dbe interested in a few let me know.

Quote:
there are not Coronation Wyandottes, we have columbian and will start hatching them soon, since temps are dropping. If you woul dbe interested in a few let me know.

mabee we should start a new progect hmmmm CORONATION WYANDOTTES its got the SPECIAL ring to it
wink.png
but do i need another 2/3 year progect bird
wink.png
wink.png
wink.png

Naked neck question

If I take a red NN roo with barred rock hen will I get black sex links half NN/ half regular? It makes since in my mind but just making sure I am not missing something.

Quote:

mabee we should start a new progect hmmmm CORONATION WYANDOTTES its got the SPECIAL ring to it
wink.png
wink.png
wink.png
wink.png

yes, meant columbian...typed coronation...short-circuit between the brain and the keyboard...thanks.

Quote:

wink.png
wink.png
wink.png
wink.png

it would be more like 5 years, it takes nearly 18 months to properly judge type on the LF Dotte. then you have the leg, eye, and skin color issues to resolve. Three generations to have a true breeding color alone, and another 2 generations for type improvement at minimum. I agree it would look good but very few are willing to hatch and raise the numbers that would be required to do it right without any return till the project was complete.

Evening friends! Been a rainy 24 hours here,but its been nice and slow so thats good. And the temp was 60 today! I'm likeing this,just hope it stops raining and the temp stays down so I can do work outside. Had to put brooder lights back out for all the chicks and bring the g.pigs into the shed. Saw on the news where Texas is haveing another bad fire spell. Really hate to hear that.

The cold really slowed the laying down,from ten a day to 3!

Quote:
wink.png
wink.png
wink.png
wink.png

it would be more like 5 years, it takes nearly 18 months to properly judge type on the LF Dotte. then you have the leg, eye, and skin color issues to resolve. Three generations to have a true breeding color alone, and another 2 generations for type improvement at minimum. I agree it would look good but very few are willing to hatch and raise the numbers that would be required to do it right without any return till the project was complete.

yes it would be a project but it could be done but you also forgot the comb ishues as well you would have to be calfull not to get a doble resesive singal comb cence i do not know of any lav color rosse comb LF you would have to use somthing like lav orfs wich would get you splits they would all be rosse comb but would carry the singale comb jeen then breed then togather you would get 50% split and 25% colomian and 25% coronation but 50% would be singale comb and 50% would be rosethen you also have leg color body typ problems but if out of the 25% coonation if your lucky and you have some that are colose you then go back to pure wyandotte and make splits out of wich you should
fl.gif
have some that should be verry close and the breed the splits togather and you have your progect stage coronation wyandottes that would still need work but would be verry close

but the ? is do i need another severale year progect ??????

Last edited:
Well Yeta (my helper chicken) and I worked our tail feathers off today and still didn't get everything done that I planned!
th.gif

I have a new Yeta
D.gif
story for the day though. Our chickens are divided into two pens / coops. One pen has a rooster and the other does not. Yeta lives in the pen w/o the rooster (oreo). The garden area we were working on today was in Oreo's run area, he was quite dismayed at the "girl" outside of his fence (even though I kept telling him he had his hands full w/ his 9 ladies). I told Oreo, that Yeta was way to much chicken for him and not used to having a bossy guy to deal w/. But he kept doing everything in his power to turn her head, chattering, dancing, jumping up and down (had never seen him do that before) anyway the most she would do (and it seemed on purpose) was to sashe' by head held high in her best, "you can look, but can't touch" prance. It was funny!!!!
gig.gif

Hi Folks- went and peeked at the guinea nest- and there were only 5 eggs, from 15! something is eating good.... so i grabbed the last 5 and candled them, 3 were growing, 2 weren't - so i put three under my silky, and took the other 2 back, the guinea hen won't sit the nest at nite, so i am assuming a possum? now the ones already under the broody silky will hatch in a week and a half, so these three won't be ready by then, what it the best way to keep them going? or should i even try? there is a 2 week difference of the chicks

this weather is wonderful! My favorite time of year...
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom