***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Would your DH have a problem with like a Parrot? Channing's cage has that egg crate material (for ceilings) on the bottom with a pull-out pan under it that I keep sawdust/wood pellets in so he's WAY less messy than my 2 Doves and honestly-he doesn't smell at all, plus he gets baths all the time. I'm always surprised at the number of people who see nothing wrong with keeping a big parrot inside yet balk at the thought of a chicken. I think it's just the idea of them being 'chickens'. Maybe you could tell him it was some sort of rare Parrot? It's worth a shot lol

yuckyuck.gif

Hey everyone!

Welcome to all our new friends on BYC.
welcome-byc.gif

Okay I am kind of bummed about Newcastle auction being cancelled.
hit.gif
It seems like all my plans for this weekend have bombed. Oh well, may go to Mary's Swap Meet and stop by Maryjo's so I can pick up a lovely blue ameraucana rooster. Of course that is after I get my daughter's car running again. Stupid Crysler's, now really, who puts the battery in the wheelwell of the car? Idiots!!!
smack.gif

Outlandish I live southeast of Norman. There are a lot of homes and land out by where I live if you do not mind the drive. I am fortunate that there is a Dollar General, grocery store, gas station, car wash, Sonic, and even a bar (never been there, honestly) 4 miles from my house. I am 21 miles from Norman and 18 miles from Shawnee. The housing prices out here are fairly reasonable.

Isn't there also a Chicken Feed store very near you too? - a necessity!

Welcome to the friendliest forum on byc!! yep, Orps would be a good choice, cochins, favorolles, EE- all of them are friendly, my black astralorp is super friendly- its fun doing the research!

what soap making do you do? i tried an experiment- read to mix borax and bakingsoda for a dw soap, equal amounts of each- and i much prefer the results of that...:)

Frontline. Works like a charm.They've got generic Frontline now, same exact stuff, it's called Fipronil. I got 6 tubes of the 89-132 lb dog size on Ebay for a total of $21 counting shipping. 1-3 drops depending on bird size and they're good for 3 months from mites, lice, stick tight fleas, any exterior parasite (leg mites included). Awesome stuff. Hasn't been tested on poultry though, as we all know there's no profit in marketing stuff like this for poulrty.

6 tubes for $21! That is great!

Lovebirds are parrots...I have 4. Wonder what that says about me.....
Roger's biopsy came back clear this time...Hallelujah. Stitches are out and he is "no longer trussed up like a chicken"....which he did not say around the hens.
lau.gif

Such good news about your Roger!
wee.gif

(-sad to hear ahout your hen though)

Hey, Okies. First time posting on the new site. Looks great! Lots of new chicken adventures in store.

For now, I thought I would share a pic of my grandma and her chickens. This is her and one of my cousins taken in 1950 near Wilburton, OK
K.

Hey, Okies. First time posting on the new site. Looks great! Lots of new chicken adventures in store.

For now, I thought I would share a pic of my grandma and her chickens. This is her and one of my cousins taken in 1950 near Wilburton, OK
K.

What a neat picture!
I have lots of horse and cow picts from my Dad's family, even a couple of pig pics, but no chickens. My Mom's family farm, where my folks live now, raised mostly grain crops.

Loved the picture Buster. I grew up on a subsistence farm down in the boothill of Missouri in the 1950's. That picture sure stirred some memories. I live in the Collinsville area of Oklahoma now, and have for over twenty years.

Back
Top Bottom