***OKIES in the BYC III ***

I have 3 hoodas and two have 5 toes on one foot, the third has a foot w/ an extra nub, not exactly a toe. So I'm starting w/ fewer numbers and fewer toes. lol So what is my % of 5 toed offspring?

Quote: sad but true, and there is no way around it- you wouldn't put up with it in any other livestock- that was the conclusion i came to with mine- with both hips replaced, i couldn't risk getting hit from behind....poor oreo, the only other option would be to make him his own coop and pen, but that wouldn't be fair either- there comes that point...

mamapoppybee- been waiting for a update on your eggs
fl.gif
waiting on the brahmas to hatch any day now and have the other growing,had many good fertal so its a wait and see on them.
celebrate.gif
coral is on count down to chicks as well! Not sure if any others have hatches going but we shal see.
jumpy.gif

sad but true, and there is no way around it- you wouldn't put up with it in any other livestock- that was the conclusion i came to with mine- with both hips replaced, i couldn't risk getting hit from behind....poor oreo, the only other option would be to make him his own coop and pen, but that wouldn't be fair either- there comes that point...
No, I am going to do a couple of small temporary pens, but just to get specific eggs next spring for hatching, and they will only be in them for enough time to give me some eggs. That is the only seperating I plan on doing. I don't want chicks from aggressive parents and I figure my chickens have a pretty amazing life for a chicken, if he can't have manners there is a boy out there that can.

I'm working on a small killling station out of found objects and that is suited for my method (gun). I've got the main objects and the idea, now I just need a couple of pieces of wood put together for support. I'll post pics once it is assembled.

The most calm roo in the world i ever had was a Cuban i got from Cubanlongtail on BYC,,, Iv had whiteleghorn's an bardrock's an E.E's that got mean ...A girl next door gave me a E.E she had hand raised this yr from a chick she bot at Atwoods he will flog you. She said wen he nockd the bucket of feed out of her hand that was the last straw...Macy was happy about wat her peach's an neckterns brot bird's prise wer up last night to ..At Newcastle it was so great to see all the BYCers ther...

Have dinner in the slow cooker.. briskit and veggies...and hubby has gone to feed cows at the leases. We will be heading to the hospital again this morning for MIL. Virginia's potassium level is now back to normal at 4.O. Whew!!!

Out of 15 eggs in the incubator so far there are 4 out on their own...5 a little assist are finishing up this morning and there were 6 dead in shell. Looks like they were formed and ready. Wonder if the ones running around the incubator did too much rolling? Humidity was good with moist sponges and the wells filled. Next hatch will set eggs upright in the bottom of an egg carton and let them hatch and roll off onto the wire bottom.

Have separated one of the hens to a wall cage. She was walking in circles this morning. May have gotten too hot yesterday and suffered heat stroke. She has feed and water and is in a cage hanging on the wall in the hen house with the swamp cooler. I checked her over really good. Her comb is good color, no injuries or pests....hope she is going to be okay. she is one of the nice CW layers....why is it always the ones you love the most?

Hope eveyone gets some of the rain forecasted...we need a slow toad soaker.

Last edited:
Good Sunday Morning to everyone, I have not been here in quite awhile and I'm not real sure that I am welcome..But I do have a couple of items to sell
that will require local pickup..If the powers that be doesn't mind these will help some of the members that were wanting good items at a very fair price.
so here goes.

1. Large homemade incubator hatcher combo, it does not have auto turners as I have had motors go bad and loose a full rack, the way this is set up one rod turns all three racks at the same time, or you can just sit a auto turner on top and let it do the work
Holds 180 egga

the hatcher cage is in the bottom, to request further info please just email me.

Item#2 is a Plucker, it has a new motor 1/4 horse 1725 RPM which should be plenty
made from an old BBQ grill

These items are 150.00 each a very fair price...Thank you for looking and have a great day

Back
Top Bottom