***OKIES in the BYC III ***

yeah Buster i hear what your saying.. it seems with the cost of everything going up its almost impossible to even break even ..decided to do the same thing just keep enough chickens to eat a few and have fresh eggs and enough quail and rabbits to have a few in my freezer ....this economy is killing middle class america..

AWWW! I am sorry! I have had that happen a couple times recently, the only thing i have been able to come up with, like Ruth, my serama, is a heart issue- she knew you cherished her and that is so important to remember!

Nana- i just love that story! what a sweet pic!

Christine- i have never heard of watermellon seeds, but we do pumpkin seeds, sprinkled with garlic and toasted-

had to share my faverolle cockerel, he doesn't know he is a cockerel yet- still acts like a pullet, he usually doesn't like being held but decided to relax in my lap
pretty
big_smile.png

yeah Buster i hear what your saying.. it seems with the cost of everything going up its almost impossible to even break even ..decided to do the same thing just keep enough chickens to eat a few and have fresh eggs and enough quail and rabbits to have a few in my freezer ....this economy is killing middle class america..

Can you tell my husband & daughter??? They dont believe me when I say the birds are costing a fortune. Guess all hobbies & pets cost money. We will just consider poultry in that category.

Buster are you going to continue working on a mobile processing unit?

Nana is your pretend momma hen still laying eggs? Maybe her biological clock messed up with the time change.

Last edited:
Christina, how scary about your surgery! Could that be tied into how bad you've felt?
McGuyver, I'm so very sorry about your beautiful Charlotte. I know how much you loved her and how happy you were to get her. I've got 2 Cochin frizzle girls but they're in with a Frizzle Cochin boy so I can't risk hatching eggs and getting messed up frizzle feathers.
The cost in money isn't near as high in my mind as the heartbreak of losing some of my favorites. All pets and hobbies cost money like Christina said. It's all a matter of priorities and we all have our own.
Lynn, those FL birds are so pretty!

i agree Mitzi- for me, they are a great stress reliever, and forces me to get moving and and out there with them- i spend the same amount on feed as i did on cigarettes, and they are alot healthier!

Mitzi I have had what was diagnosed as a complex liver cyst for several yrs. just took multiple doctors to find one that sat & compared all my test & saw how the cyst has changed & grew in 3 yrs. he requested blood test a tumor marker test that came back high & he said it was urgent to do the surgery. Trying my best not to worry about the PET scan. I sure hope things can only improve after the surgery. Monday I go to the rhematoligist & I am curious to see if he thinks my liver contributed to all the pain I have had recently.
The wind kept the birds from playing much today. Imagine they will be very grumpy about the cold tomorrow.

Can you tell my husband & daughter??? They dont believe me when I say the birds are costing a fortune. Guess all hobbies & pets cost money. We will just consider poultry in that category.
Buster are you going to continue working on a mobile processing unit?
Nana is your pretend momma hen still laying eggs? Maybe her biological clock messed up with the time change.
It is getting where any hobby is expensive. Finally bought a bass boat last year and it cost $100 bucks just to take it out for the day. What are we suppose to do for fun, Watch chickens all on our porches and drink ice tea? Wait, I think my grandparents did that.

Back
Top Bottom