Okies in the BYC The Original

Status
Not open for further replies.
crazychicken, I too have noticed that our thread seems to be alot more welcoming than others. Must be a southern thing.
lol.png

Thank you so much to everyone for your thoughts and prayers. Brings a tear to my eye to think that so many people I haven't met or barely know are willing to offer a kind word.
hugs.gif

Hi everybody
big_smile.png

Gerald and I are right now sitting at the Las Vegas airport waiting for an airplane to take us back to OKC and I have the laptop computer with us. We've only been waiting for about 4 hours now (our first flight was cancelled). Anyway, here's just one pic of us with "Elvis" on Sunday.

6412_dsc_0034.jpg

Quote:
The Luther Feed mill sells bulk feed but when I checked it wasn't that much cheaper than buying bagged. Buying barrels and having to load and unload them plus the drive there wasn't worth the difference in prices.
Isn't there a feed store in Shawnee that is tied directly to Shawnee feeds? I would think they would have better prices.
Mybe you can buy direct from the Shawnee mill.

Quote:
Congrats to you and Gerald. I hope you have a safe and quick flight home. I know your birds miss you! We have missed you on here as well.
Monty

Henny, Sorry to hear you are under attack. Just draw from your weekend at the Women of Faith Retreat. Sounds like you are being tried by fire, but you will turn out pure as gold.
Keep the Faith! My prayers are with you.
Monty
Romans 8:37 " In all these things we are more than conquerors through Christ who loves us."

Thanks Monty... I started bawling when I read your post! What a gift God's Word is to us when we are struglling in the mirey clay! God bless you for your faithfulness in being my Barnabas!
hugs.gif
(((Monty)))

Carla, that is awesome, I love the picture!
big_smile.png
Hope you have a safe trip home!

I totally agree with Monty! Henny, I bet you've got some great stories from the convention. My mom hasn't stopped talking about it!
lol.png

Yeah...Women of Faith was pretty awesome. It's alot to absorb in a short amount of time... Next time I'm taking a book light so I can take notes. The music was amazing... Mandisa totally blew everyone away... The ladies are amazing... so down to earth and funny and then WHAM! they hit you with a Biblical truth that knocks your socks right off.

Country how is your dad doing? Is he feeling any better?

I am having hen struggles. I wish I had never bought chickens at the auction. I have been trading sneezing and snotty noses for about 2 months now. Now all my big hens have it. Plus molting. Plus the weather not making up it's mind. I have a delaware hen that is really down. I wormed her yesterday and that is my last ditch. Just seems like failure to thrive. So today I get to go give more shots. Sometimes I think I'll just cull them all and start over in spring. It's not anything serious and responds well to Tylan... it's just constant and annoying. I had such healthy hennies.

wee.gif
love.gif
Congratulations Carla and Gerald!!!
love.gif
wee.gif

Henny, I went through something similar last fall when I brought home a pair of rough looking Bramhas. Turned out giving everyone a nasty case of mites.
hmm.png
Have you tried giving them the powder antibiotic in their water? That's what I always did when mine started the sneezing. But I had a very small flock, don't know if that makes a difference.

My dad is feeling much better. Still hurting, but he took my mom to lunch today, so he must be improving.
lol.png
He has to go see a string of doctors in OKC this week.

Henny{ Have you tried vetRX. If they have congestion and clogged air ways it works pretty good at treating the symptoms. It won't help a virus but it will clear them up where they can breath.
I heat it a little in a pan of water and then use a Q-tip and rub it into the roof of their mouth.
I have lost a few younger ones but have had several recover.
Monty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom