Okies in the BYC The Original

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there anyone planning to go to both the Cement Show and the Blanchard Auction this Saturday?
fl.gif
I was hoping to get to go to the Cement show, but Gerald & I are scheduled to go to a convention on Saturday for plasticulture gardening. We'll be able to go to the Blanchard auction, since it's in the evening, but not able to make it to the show.

I'd like to find someone that's going to the show & then to the auction in the evening that will be willing to shop for me for sale birds at the show. My poor lonely little biddy oegb pullets would like to meet a nice looking oegb rooster that's better than hatchery bloodline, but not necessarily the show stopper, winner of all winners. We are searching for 3 handsome young roosters: a wheaten, a crele and a blue Old English Game Bantam. I wouldn't mind buying a pair or trio of each of those varieties either, if the price is right.

Quote:
I know I've forgotten to turn our turner on for several days & the eggs did ok, but never for several weeks. I hope you have some miracle chickies to prove that it's possible.

I'm sorry! I bet it was the eggs you got from me at the last Blanchard auction, wasn't it? If so, we'll bring you some more eggs if you're going to the auction on Saturday. I'll just tell Gerald to start saving .... & not the cuckoo color
wink.png

Quote:
There is a school (albeit a very small school) that holds the whole turning-the-egg thing as a bunch of hooey. Seems the whole thing was originally based on an experiment that used a glass bowl for a nest so the interaction between the hen and her eggs could be observed. So, of course, every time the hen moved the eggs slipped around inside the glass whether the hen meant them to or not. This one fella used that as a reason to doubt the results, and he went about preaching it, and gained a few followers.

Quite a number of folks out there hatch eggs without purposely turning them once. I'm not one of them, but I certainly wouldn't give up on those eggs of yours, either.

Quote:
Hey Roy, you handsome goat expert you ...... what kind of wormer do give your goats and how often do you trim their feet? Do they need vaccinations? These are things I'm worrying about on our fainting goats that we bought a few months ago. I haven't done anything for them yet other than feed them hay & grains & give them water. I guess I really should buy a book on how to care for a goat. I know nothing
sad.png

Quote:
There is a school (albeit a very small school) that holds the whole turning-the-egg thing as a bunch of hooey. Seems the whole thing was originally based on an experiment that used a glass bowl for a nest so the interaction between the hen and her eggs could be observed. So, of course, every time the hen moved the eggs slipped around inside the glass whether the hen meant them to or not. This one fella used that as a reason to doubt the results, and he went about preaching it, and gained a few followers.

Quite a number of folks out there hatch eggs without purposely turning them once. I'm not one of them, but I certainly wouldn't give up on those eggs of yours, either.

Buster! You are without an avatar of the book you're reading!
th.gif

Carla - let's see...as far as worming goes (and by the way lice are probably a bigger worry with goats) we like to switch up what we use...depends on their condition and such. If you have them on pasture and such not as often...on yours...you might be looking at 3-4 times per year. Feet trimming can also depend...considering what you are feeding...probably not that often...if you were really pushing them and such....keeping them in a pen...well...we are fighting feet all the time! Yes they need some vaccinations...especially for those that are being kept around for awhile...wil get back with exactness for you...some things vary by local

ke_ben - thanks! We need some good weather juju!

Buster - forgot...although not up to your reading level (you impress me)...I am reading one of the Andersonville books...think it is the one the last film was based on...maybe the other way around...anyways...I likes them historically based books that use journals and stuff to get facts right...

Quote:
No. You need a sheep dog and a fox to ride him.

Thanks, someone else saw the movie.

Hey hey Ke_ben! Next storm is due to blow in tomorrow and be gone by Friday.

PS: That's one of my favorite movies.
big_smile.png

SMELL BAAAAD!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom