Okies in the BYC The Original

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
I thought it was a sweet story about your server name. keep us informed on the new baby's arrival. glad we got to meet you both.

I'm glad we got to meet you too!

We really should try to do this again in the fall, maybe then I can be on the buying end
tongue.png

Hey everybody !!!!!:

Well I finnally got home today at 3:00 made it back safe and sound to stormy storms. It will also take me many post to convey my thoughts on our super successful event, to say I had a great time was is an understatement!!!. I am one sore and tired dude, a labor of love it was I have to say. I am on the rest of the night but right now I want to play and mess with the video Henny took of POOPS.

AL

TEACH!!!!! Where are you???? Hope your not blowing across Kansas!!! Let us know, did you make it home with the cage in one piece??? Got everyone home, sent eggs to my hatchin buddy to put in incubator, Cubin, I put those White Leghorns in with one of my Red Shoulder Yokahomas!!!! Do you think that was wise??? I am hoping to increase the size of my RSY and the eggs they lay and also increase their egg production??? We will see what happens... (chime in here Les if you have ideas) I am open for suggestions on this cross, was thinking of hatching eggs and keeping best pullets to breed back to Rooster and then do this over again and again to breed the Leghorn out and hopefully keep my long tail on the RSY. Lynn

Hello Everybody!!
Just wanted to let everyone know how much fun I had at POOPS.
wee.gif
ya.gif
wee.gif
ya.gif
wee.gif

It was so wonderful to be around other people who feel about birds the way I do. You all are just great!!!
Al you are the chef guru!
bow.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif
Your the total bomb diggity, as my students say. Thank you, thank you for all the work you did. It was greatly appreciated and enjoyed.
So to all of you who were at POOPS it was wonderful to make new friends and see old friends again. For all of you that did not make it I hope you can come next time because you missed a lot of fun.
Hope everyone has a great rest of the weekend what is left of it.
Rebecca

Thanks for the great weekend...There were so many people that I can't remember all the names..I ended up with four Australorp chicks and four quail. The quail chicks were being bullied by bigger chicks so I "rescued" them. I figure I will take pictures of how them heal and grow. Tom is already planning a new chicken yard and a home for the quail when they are old enough.
I enjoyed meeting everyone and am looking forward to next year. Thank you for including us..

Lynn if you make that cross you may lose the tail carriage of the Yokahama roosters. Plus you may also lose the broadness across the shoulders. Now if you could find a white Cubalaya you could add to the tail plus put it in the dirt where it belongs.

Oriental games are not famous for laying but if you have a hen that lays better then the others do hatch her eggs and then breed one of her full sons back to her and it should come through somewhat in the offspring.

Plus if your roo can mate those hens you got he is big enough already. (or can use a ladder!)
big_smile.png

Quote:
Oh sure, rub it in why don't ya! Haha, just kidding. Looks like everyone was having a great time. The next one will be better, you know why? Cause I will be there, fo sho!

Monty, love the hat, and Al love the smile on your face. Couldn't identify anyone else, so if you are brave enough, point yourselves out!

Stay safe Okies!

Hey Oceans, nice coop, I like the way you put the little coop on the side, is that a brooder or nesting area, you could throw some whole wheat out there in the pen area while it is raining and keep the chicks in the house for a few days so it can germinate, it might even get going good and they can have some green stuff, seen some boxes made with two by fours and chicken wire on top to put over planted wheat or oats and the chickens would keep it trimmed as it grew threw the wire, might try a few of them in your coop, nice job, We got the Cornish(????) trio put up together, can't wait to se how they grow out, thanks, Lynn

AL - the wind is back, and it doesn't seem to be teasing us this time. I think it means to blow really hard all night long!

Sure glad the weather was nice yesterday and the wind didn't start picking up until everyone was packed and leaving the KOA this morning.

Teach - we would really like to hear that you are home safely -

Seems like everyone had a great time. I will do what I have to, to make the next Pooopers event. If for nothing else as an official food tester. I can eat and eat and eat and eat. Id be willing to bring a couple turkeys. I LOVE turkey
smile.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom