Okies in the BYC The Original

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
I don't know but I have been told that a vitamin deficiency could cause this.

so far he is eating and drinking with assistance, getting vitqamins which he seems to like, sucking it off my fingerm still not able to stand for long- sure don't want to lose the little one, the other one, puddin, had wryneck and the vitamins did the trick, so am praying he makes it- he is eating yogurt, starter gruel, and puddin is rooting for him, not leaving his side-

will keep all the needs in prayer

Last edited by a moderator:
Quote:
Stray some birds just feather out later then others do. As long as she is acting normal I wouldn't be all that concerned. You know doing all the normal chick things. Keep a close watch on her droppings, it's the best indicator of illness, and her behavior too. If she starts acting off or her dropping change color let us know.

After all my NNs have 50% less feathers then normal birds do and they do fine year round.

Folks it's just been too hot to get on here. After work I am beat and all I can think about is getting in the cool and napping.

like my rooster
silverlaced012.jpg

Gerald and I went to the Blanchard auction last night. The heat was horrible! I thought the place had some type of air conditioning, but was wrong! Lots of fans and Misti & Jerry had bottles of ice for the birds & rabbits, & some ice packs offered for some people, but it was just AWFUL HOT! One of the bunnies we bought expired from the heat before we left the auction, even though there were ice bottles in the cage.

At the auction, we saw Sjarvis & hubby, chicklooker, oldmotherhen & her father and of course auctionlover & hubby.

We had a good time even with the heat except for my having a migraine start while we were there at Blanchard. I guess maybe the heat & excitement made it worse, because it got so bad that many times last night I thought I was passing out ... everything was spinning and my lips going numb. The worst part of it was that we were at an all-night restaurant when I felt so bad.

We didn't sell anything but some feeders & waterers we didn't use anymore, and we didn't buy much other than some really cheap rabbits, cage wire, a couple of peachicks, a few cages and some silver duckwing bantams from Steph & Carl.

Prices at the auction were low, turn-out was low, and the auction was over before 9 pm. I'm sure it was bad due to the heat. I'm ready for some cooler weather, for sure.

Quote:
Oh Lynn, I'm so sorry to hear this. I wish we all were closer to lend a helping hand. Surely this is just a temporary problem and things will get better soon.
hugs.gif
Hang in there!

It sure sounds like a lot of Okies are having troubles lately. I haven't had much chance at getting on the forum, but I'm thinking about everyone and hope all are doing well & getting better.

Donna, our prayers are with you in your time of grief.
hugs.gif

I got a message from Oklahoma Lightning and she said she just got out of the hospital (heart trouble). Kathryn, I hope you're feeling better!
hugs.gif

Everyone, I hope ya'll are all doing & feeling better soon. Take care!

Now, I'd better run & take care of this ol' place & the critters.

jbs...nice roo!
ep.gif

Carla...Jeez you are tough woman! I would have keeled over and had it over with!!

I agree with Les... the heat has been unbearable. I can work outside one day and then I collapse the next. Starting next week...working INDOORS....when in doubt...paint! (and scrape nasty sprayed ceilings!)

Yesterday I put a single misting attachment in the coop with the fan over the spray. Worked great and helped the hens. I know I would have lost some otherwise. It rained a little this morning, but all it did was make it humid!!

Mike taught Sunday School this morning...So I did the music. It cheered me up some..... Needed a a shot in the arm.

Hope you guys are holding up OK.... Stay cool. Nothing is worth feeling lousy!

Lynn, I am so sorry you are not able to take care of your birds anymore
hit.gif
hugs.gif

I will be praying for you to get back to good health as much/soon as possible!
I am not able to take in another single bird since I am about to be gone for a week, and will have to leave mine in the care of others
sad.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom