Okies in the BYC The Original

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Im off to go finish rearranging chickens and cleaning brooders..... I just hopped on to keep caught up and noticed the post about last night at the auction.....

Michael D was there.. Last night before we left he was looking for some BB Reds he had bought that up and disappeared. 9 of them.

Could have been shock from you getting on so early!! Us old folks are not accustomed to change! LOL

Kate since there are more involved it might be time to call in the OSBI or another investigative force on this "person"

Quote:
Yeah, I am normally doing other chores and such during the day and then come on after class, dinner, daughter put to bed, and homework are done. Which tends to be very late!

The police say they are calling in other departments, I have tried also calling the news stations but they never have anybody call back like they say they will.

Quote:
I don't know how bad this neighbor of yours is, but after reading everything you've written about the problem you're having with him I'm really starting to kind of see it in a different light. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that I agree with what he's doing but If I were living in an area where I had a bunch of neighbors who all let their cats run loose and I told them that I didn't want those predatory animals running all over my property & they did nothing about it.... Well, I might take matters into my own hands as well. I understand your love for your animals, but not everyone feels the same. When we moved on to our new place 5 years ago we had neighbors all around us that let their dogs run loose & I put up with it until one of them bit me then I went up and down the road telling everyone that I didn't want their dogs on my place. Most of them were great about it and took measures to keep their dogs at home, some didn't, those dogs didn't survive.

I'm not trying to upset you or cause you further pain, I'm just saying that if they are yours and your neighbor does not want them on his place and told you so, then it's your responsibility to keep your animals on your property. Still, I'm sorry for you loss.

Quote:
How'd ya'll do at the show?

There sure were a lot of pretty bantam birds there.

okcarla we did real good in the cornish class i do not know what dandeions kid placed

I pop on since I am just too pooped to work on anything today... and the wind is a lil bit chilly for my taste so I thought to pop on and read the latest posts all I can really say is OH MY GOODNESS... I know its not uncommon for things like this to happen, its just always dissappointing to hear it happen.. when it comes to auctions

Maybe we should have one of our "bigger" bouncer looking Okies to stand guard with a shirt like this
( I went to Design a shirt .com to make this ha ha)

bl_75904716.jpg

Last edited:
lau.gif
yuckyuck.gif
:lau

Let's see....I can come up with 4 nominations
right off the top of my head..... You did say
"big boys" didn't you. But, not sure that
anyone would cross them to get into the
auction in the first place..........

Have a good one !

Quote:
If it's still available at POOPS time, I'm sure you could sell it there. I first heard about that product when I was researching good products to keep on-hand for show chickens. I've been considering getting it ever since then. So, if you do have extra at POOPS, I may buy some
big_smile.png

Doc and Ms Queen Peaches,

The piano seat is just adorable...... Jason came home and said he had a surprize for me in the truck bed so I went outside with him to see and he lifts it up out of the bed and instantly I knew what it was... I cant begin to tell you how long I have desired to have a nice old piano seat for our 1918 Upright Whitney and the many times I had scoped Free cycle and craigs list for one.. but I think the Lord knew.... especially when my searches were fruitless... I love old things and love to imagine the kinda folks that once held the items I do acquire and think about what their life used to be.... I guess despite the Tom Boy veneer I am a hopeless romantic ...tee hee.. anyhow THANK YOU for gifting it to Jason who in return gave me a sweet loving gift...

Here is a pic of Jason trying to do his best impression of the late spunky piano player RAY

100_3992.jpg

Just got in from outside, we vaccinated goats and trimmed feet today. Moved chickens around too. Yesterday we cleaned the barn out. So I am ready for a nap!!

OSUKate, I am so sorry you are having such a rough time with your neighbors. As far as the cats in the house and Char's asthma try a Himalayan Salt crystal lamp. I know it sounds hokey, but it really works. We have one in our house and it has greatly reduced all kinds of allergen like symptoms. Even if you get a little one for her bedroom. Do some research on them. I thought it was a bunch of hooey when I bought one for Shaun, but he takes NO medicine now for his allergies. I know that they help with asthma too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom