Okies in the BYC The Original

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sure wish that sun would shine today and not be so gloomy out. However, I'm trying to shine and just be thankful for another day of life. I am going to see the glass half full not half empty. LOL

Have a Blessed Day Everybody.

How cool is this............... I put eggs in the incubator on Friday evening and they are hatching TODAY!! Wonders never cease!
lol.png

Shaun is feeling a bit better, this pneumonia kicked his butt!

We worked with the birds yesterday, moving and cleaning.
I think we are going to sell our Lakenvelder pair. I don't think they are show quality but they are nice birds. She was laying eggs at the beginning of winter but she is with other birds so I can not tell if she is laying again or not.

Grace do you still have the Andalusian roo?

Well I best be getting ready for work, it is going to be a ROUGH one today. My sinuses are draining into my stomach
sickbyc.gif
and we are going to busy busy at work today.

Good morning,

Doc and Peaches thanks for coming out to help Jason yesterday and for the company it was great.. been a while since we had folks come and sit a spell... although Doc was put to work tee hee.. hope the coffee was decent enough for ya..

I am making my way to go doing the morning barn chores... and then its a busy day grocery shopping, hitting up Goodwill, home school lessons and then helping a friend clean her home.....

What are you all up to today...

Jeannie

Quote:
Matt, I know I am really happy with mine, and if those smiles were any indication the other girls liked theirs too
big_smile.png

I am sure you will be updated with show results as the birds grow and we start entering them in poultry shows
yippiechickie.gif

Quote:
Neecy, what species of bird did you hatch? Sounds like I need to get some of those!
lau.gif

Yes I do still have a lone Andalusian boy (a twin to yours)...... did something happen to yours?

Quote:
I'm glad she's happy with them. I don't know if you'll remember but back in early fall I bought a bucket load of bantam eggs from Texas trading company (a hatchery) to test out my new incubator. 28 of them hatched, some didn't make it over the winter. That's where those birds came from. I have an adult trio of blue red OEGB that Madison can have if she wants them, the hens are laying really well so she should be able to raise a bunch of them. I like them but they are not a color I'm going to work with so I don't need them. I'm only keeping my BB Red line, my blacks, & Crele.

Matt

Quote:
Matt, I know I am really happy with mine, and if those smiles were any indication the other girls liked theirs too
big_smile.png

I am sure you will be updated with show results as the birds grow and we start entering them in poultry shows
yippiechickie.gif

I bet that once you give those blues a bath they will look good, even better after a molt. On the paperwork that came with the eggs that breed was listed as being from show quality stock, so maybe they will turn out good for you.

Quote:
Hallelujah! The eggs are hatching as planned and the kids will get to see them hatch. What a facinating process for them to observe and a wonderful way to hook the next generation with the "got to hatch eggs" addiction. That is so neat that you were able to get them transferred successfully and have this project work out.

Tell Shaun that he is likely to feel tired for about 3 weeks and not to exert himself too much with sports. I know he is an excellent student, so maybe he can just read to occupy time instead of trying to do a lot of things outside.

Hope you get to feeling better yourself.
hugs.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom