Okies in the BYC The Original

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm celebrating this afternoon! My husband, Vashi, has agreed to come to P.O.O.P.S! He's not really a poultry person, but he helps out when I need it and is usually supportive. He's definitely a people person, though!

We've rented a cabin for Saturday night. Getting more excited about it now that Vashi is coming, too!

I represent one of the yappers!

thought you might like a look out the back door

18410_backyard.jpg

hutches I got done awhile back..this is half the hutch...four wabbit compartments...built two of them

18410_hutches.jpg

Quote:
My brother-in-law used to make bbq beaver, not too bad. He also made a batch of bobcat jerky. I tried it once, only once. He used to have a trapline in and around the Blue Mountain area. He should have lived in the 1800's.

Back in the day, when I ran a trapline, I used to feed beaver to my coonhounds. They loved it and it made a real dent in my feed bill.

Monty, send me that PM

-Stimp-

Stimp... One day at my bil's place, he skinned out a beaver while I was there. He fed some beaver meat to my mountain cur pup that I had with me. That pup ate it like it was candy. Brother-in-law told me that is one of the best foods for dogs. It will really fatten up a pup.

Quote:
Yeah, I had a freezer in the garage that held nothing but beavers for the dogs. I'd trap enough to last them all year. And there is no season on beaver so if I needed more, I was less than 1/2 mile from the river.

-Stimp-

TJ's Na-Na :

Gees, is this weather "yucky" or what???? About waited
toooo long to go out and cut a big batch of jonquils and
hiancyths to have at least one batch on the desk. Got
them in tepid water and they seem to be perking back
up. Thankfully, got what we needed from the store
yesterday. Looks like about 3" on the ground out
there and still coming down.

Is a cold WET snow, so be prepared for power lines
going down in areas with lots of trees. That's a
major problem around Tahlequah. LOVE this
pellet stove. The fan for the blower will run off
a battery if need be. Got boxes cleaned out for
chicks if the power goes down out in the brooder
room.

Stay in and stay safe everyone. SURELY this will
be the last round of this junk.

Have a good one !

what does the almanac have to say about the weather?
hide.gif

You were wise to cut some daffodils. That never occurred to me yesterday afternoon as I was enjoying all those yellow bobbing blooms and the white and yellow patch of them.​

Quote:
Hey Q. You missed the rest of the guys running their yaps this mornin'.

Yeah I seen that we have been busy went to a swap meet this morning 2 people there, then went on into MIssouri and went to a livestock auction got me a couple of cages, and a nice pair of Mille Fleur D'Uclles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom