Votes: 20 40.8%
  • Spangled

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • Mix-variety

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • Other (please post below)

Votes: 13 26.5%

• Total voters
omg i really want some of these, they are soooo beautiful!

Have to thin down my flock a bit first which will take a couple of years given that I've just hatched new babies this year. I will have to be patient!

Hello! I am thinking of getting some OEGBs! Could someone tell me about how many eggs they lay a week?
They are amazing birds, but not the best of layers. Mine always hides her eggs, so I can't know for sure, but I suspect she lays 2-4 eggs per week. But I will be keeping all my chickens in their coop for about a week starting tomorrow so I'll tell you how many eggs I get.

Also, their eggs are really tiny and cute! We like boiling them.

They are amazing birds, but not the best of layers. Mine always hides her eggs, so I can't know for sure, but I suspect she lays 2-4 eggs per week. But I will be keeping all my chickens in their coop for about a week starting tomorrow so I'll tell you how many eggs I get.

Also, their eggs are really tiny and cute! We like boiling them.
OK, 2-4 a week is far better than I expected! I read somewhere that is was 40/year!!! They need to "earn their keep" a little better than that lol. I'm excited to get some!

Oooooh, I love my OEGBs! I've only had them for a couple years now, but they've rapidly become a favorite!

I answered Silver Duckwing and Other for the poll because I have just the one SDW, but most of mine are Fawn (and Khaki) Silver Duckwing. And, obviously, I want more varieties than just them, so it leaves my answer open-ended for that. :gig

Here are some of my Fawns. I love them to bits! 😍

Achernar.jpg
Achernar handsome.jpg
Vega keeping warm.jpg
Vega.jpg
Altair.jpg
Sybil.jpg

Some Khakis 💕

Havok.jpg
Rigel.jpg

My only SDW baby ❤

Sumi.jpg

I'm hoping to eventually add Crele and some variety of blue duckwing for some interesting crosses with my Khakis, but also because they're just so darn pretty. 😍 I was going to get at least one of those varieties this year, but, well, a lot of my plans for this year kind of fell flat. So it goes. 🤷‍♀️

Anyway, I love all the OEGB pictures here and can't wait to see more!! :pop

Oooooh, I love my OEGBs! I've only had them for a couple years now, but they've rapidly become a favorite!

I answered Silver Duckwing and Other for the poll because I have just the one SDW, but most of mine are Fawn (and Khaki) Silver Duckwing. And, obviously, I want more varieties than just them, so it leaves my answer open-ended for that. :gig

Here are some of my Fawns. I love them to bits! 😍

View attachment 2363641View attachment 2363642View attachment 2363645View attachment 2363646View attachment 2363647View attachment 2363648

Some Khakis 💕

View attachment 2363651View attachment 2363655

My only SDW baby ❤

View attachment 2363656

I'm hoping to eventually add Crele and some variety of blue duckwing for some interesting crosses with my Khakis, but also because they're just so darn pretty. 😍 I was going to get at least one of those varieties this year, but, well, a lot of my plans for this year kind of fell flat. So it goes. 🤷‍♀️

Anyway, I love all the OEGB pictures here and can't wait to see more!! :pop
I have never seen those varieties before! :love

I hadn't, either, until I attended a show a few years back where someone had entered some. As soon as I laid eyes on those Fawn SDWs, I knew I needed them. 😍 The Khakis, then, are a natural result of breeding fawn to fawn (like how you get splash from crossing blue to blue), so while I didn't necessarily intend to end up with them, I definitely wouldn't trade them! Silver Duckwing is my favorite coloration on hens and with the OEGBs I've learned of so many different variations on SDW that it's crazy--and I need each and every one of them. 🤣

Some of the OEGBs I’ve had:

Black breasted red (first two the same rooster)-
ADEAD73A-A53A-4748-83ED-A37C9D2EB20D.jpeg
4B2EBFF8-77AA-4CA6-860E-45BBB6CB3F9A.jpeg
67004705-6A83-4B90-85A4-DE4492F2CA95.jpeg

Silver duckwing-
DABFBC69-7BBA-44C3-B7B6-D3C38B68673D.jpeg
62391338-EF38-41F5-B383-96AD37BB7907.jpeg

Red pyle (both the same hen)-
977D53EA-0E8B-474A-A38B-9854EB2575BB.png
6F71FBF9-C581-468B-B9F5-1DDEEF5DC99C.png

OEGB mixes-
1C13283F-55AB-4494-B4B6-FAB7305BCE52.jpeg
C1FC3A0E-A254-4A44-99C7-2D274B4949D7.jpeg
D3D12C24-E23E-4F2B-9250-1F7F3BC7A265.jpeg
A8038C82-2A8E-4C89-B3E2-A827864ACD19.jpeg

Old English game bantams are one of my favorite breeds. However, I’ve only ever had one pure oegb hen, and she was very docile, but obviously poor quality. Her mixed descendants, if female, were feisty. All the oegb roos I’ve had went through a phase where they pecked at my fingers or boots, but most came out of it quickly. The roos are good to their hens and usually do well in rooster-only flocks, though they do have a tendency to be the first ones to pick fights. My mixed roos are usually tame. All my OEGBs, mixed or not, have been full of personality.

Some of the OEGBs I’ve had:

Black breasted red (first two the same rooster)-
View attachment 2363858View attachment 2363859View attachment 2363860

Silver duckwing-
View attachment 2363861View attachment 2363862

Red pyle (both the same hen)-
View attachment 2363865View attachment 2363867

OEGB mixes-
View attachment 2363868View attachment 2363869View attachment 2363871View attachment 2363870

Old English game bantams are one of my favorite breeds. However, I’ve only ever had one pure oegb hen, and she was very docile, but obviously poor quality. Her mixed descendants, if female, were feisty. All the oegb roos I’ve had went through a phase where they pecked at my fingers or boots, but most came out of it quickly. The roos are good to their hens and usually do well in rooster-only flocks, though they do have a tendency to be the first ones to pick fights. My mixed roos are usually tame. All my OEGBs, mixed or not, have been full of personality.
They are all so beautiful!!! I love how OEGB roos look!

WOW!! I love all of them, but this mixed guy is super gorgeous!! 😍

Definitely agree with your assessment on them, too. Feisty is a word that I frequently use to describe mine, haha! The boys definitely have that phase they go through, too. :rolleyes: Let's just say, mine get called bad boys (and other, sometimes more colorful words depending on how much they annoy me 🤣 ) a lot through it.

Back
Top Bottom