OMG! found baby kitten..... WOW!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by americana-chick, Sep 14, 2008.

1. americana-chick

americana-chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2008
    Well my Bro heard a kitten meowing in the garage today we couldnt find the kitten for a long time then i went out and found it on my moms expoditions back tire! and i couldnt believe what i saw...!
    a fish hook was in the kitten foot! it went all the way through the back paw of the kitten! i was shocked we called our farms vet and they said to pull it out and then proxide it. so we did the little kitten didnt even flinch. Then i happened to see the kittens front paw and OMG she was missing a toe! we proxided that too.
    we found a friend that wanted to take the kitty because my brother is allergic to cats. we do have barn cats but they are more wild than our cats. and they dont like people.
    i am just glad she was ok!
    my friend names all her pets after disney caracters any sugjestions for the kitty? thanks!

2. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Wow, do you have any idea where it might have come from? It's lucky you found it, it wouldn't have been able to climb anything for protection from predators. Can't think of a suggestion for a name, I'll look forward to seeing what it turns out to be.
    Kate

3. maplesky7

maplesky7 Flock Mistress

Jun 14, 2008
    N. IL.
    Pluto.

cuz that's where it came from...ha ha.

me,
    g

4. therealsilkiechick

therealsilkiechick ShowGirl Queen

Jul 18, 2007
    Northwestern, pa
    my favorites either tinkerbell or bambies girlfiend's name i can't spell it,lol. faylein(sp)

5. americana-chick

americana-chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2008
    she is a wired little kitten! she is suposevily wild unless someone misstreated her and she managed to escape. but because she is so new to the world she will be use to people in no time. and the first day she was at our friends house she was scared of everything but a day later and you can pick her up and she will pur!

6. Hobbley_Farm

Hobbley_Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 9, 2008
    Pilot Mountain, NC
    Quote:Bagheera (panther) from The Jungle Book might be cute

7. Fudgie

Fudgie Hatching Queen - Got Fudge?

Well if it is a girl, name her Belle!

8. AhBee01

AhBee01 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2007
    yo. ohio
    Poor little thing!
    How about Pixie, for a girl.
    Bagheera is cute for a boy!

9. Akane

Akane Overrun With Chickens

Jun 15, 2008
    Ugh peroxide. That's not the best idea. It is good for a first rinse to get debris out but it actually damages healthy tisuse. You need to be soaking the foot to keep it from getting infected and help it heal. Betadine is the best for this. Mix a little betadine in warm water and see if someone can soak or at least rinse the kittens injuries once or twice a day until they are completely healed. Otherwise you risk infection and then the poor thing will end up at the vet on antibiotics.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by