Omg!!! Help Me Now!!!! UPDATE _ HE'S OUT but have lost another?

I used to use my husband's stethoscope all the time. It's hanging here in the living room and I think I've probably used it for maybe 4 hatches all year. Concidering the fact that my bators are all empty right now for the first time in a year and a half that's saying something.

I guess I need to get the rest of the eggs from my birds in there tonight. Probably no more until they start laying again, but then again I've spent a small fortune on shipped eggs since the first bator was plugged in at this house.

Have you heard anything out of the other eggs?

Last edited:
Quote:
It's almost 24 hours since your first post, yes? I'd be sorely tempted to open the cap of the egg, like a door, and let it hang there with the chick half in and half out, and see if he pushes himself the rest of the way out. A friend just did this with a guinea keet that wasn't making progress; an hour or so later the chick had finished hatching on its own.

Forgot to tell you, I did almost the same thing once! Except I bounced the egg on the ground and heard wild chirping! That feeling, that an ice cube suddenly materialized in your stomach, that's how I felt. Then I beat myself up, mentally and verbally, while I picked the rest of the shell off. The little guy actually made it!

Let us know how it goes. I am thinking positive!

Quote:
Have been to scared to go in!!!

Some of the old Aussie gurus on my forum have just laid into me!!
hide.gif

I swear it's a male/female thing!!! " leave it to mother nature" well I said the ONLY part she played was if the eggs were fertile or not - it is a MACHINE being operated by a PERSON trying to emmulate nature!!! Focasing on the 14 others.

As for my little battler - they said to do nothing! Ignore it!! ie don't dampen if I see it's getting dry etc will do more harm!!! This is where I got really mad - my maternal nature said " well I hope both of you aren't OB/GYN'S - because women and babies would die with that attitude... sometimes intervention is necessary ie induction and c'sections!!! Babies are born premature and we now do all we can to help... isn't my little chick worth the same effort???

Maybe I still have lots of post pregnancy hormone in my system which is making me hyper sensitive!!!
I'm so angry.. so conflicted
rant.gif

Quote:
It's almost 24 hours since your first post, yes? I'd be sorely tempted to open the cap of the egg, like a door, and let it hang there with the chick half in and half out, and see if he pushes himself the rest of the way out. A friend just did this with a guinea keet that wasn't making progress; an hour or so later the chick had finished hatching on its own.

Forgot to tell you, I did almost the same thing once! Except I bounced the egg on the ground and heard wild chirping! That feeling, that an ice cube suddenly materialized in your stomach, that's how I felt. Then I beat myself up, mentally and verbally, while I picked the rest of the shell off. The little guy actually made it!

Let us know how it goes. I am thinking positive!

Well I was thinking to sanitize my hands and just put in a hole like a pip hole and see if that encouraged him... hoping like hell not to hit another blood vessel!!

If he's chirping he must be strong enough to get a little help??? Guys here are saying if I do I'm giving it a death sentence
tongue.gif

His wet feathers now look sort of matted so I think the membrane is shrinking - it's sort of come away from the shell in some places... They say the humidity is enough at 70% and to go out and do some shopping to keep myself occupied HOW SEXIST!!!

Quote:
Have been to scared to go in!!!

Some of the old Aussie gurus on my forum have just laid into me!!
hide.gif

I swear it's a male/female thing!!! " leave it to mother nature" well I said the ONLY part she played was if the eggs were fertile or not - it is a MACHINE being operated by a PERSON trying to emmulate nature!!! Focasing on the 14 others.

As for my little battler - they said to do nothing! Ignore it!! ie don't dampen if I see it's getting dry etc will do more harm!!! This is where I got really mad - my maternal nature said " well I hope both of you aren't OB/GYN'S - because women and babies would die with that attitude... sometimes intervention is necessary ie induction and c'sections!!! Babies are born premature and we now do all we can to help... isn't my little chick worth the same effort???

Maybe I still have lots of post pregnancy hormone in my system which is making me hyper sensitive!!!
I'm so angry.. so conflicted
rant.gif

When in doubt, go with your instincts. I think you're doing just fine. Hang in there and keep us posted. (pictures would be great too!)
caf.gif

well they're scaring me off doing anything by saying he might not have been "ready" to hatch... well my 1st son was 3wks early, the 2nd 2 wks overdue and the 3rd wks early.

Logic is saying if he's squirming and chirping he must be able to hold his own if I help him out!!

The thing is the other eggs aren't rolling or pipping....

Last edited:
If none of the other eggs are doing anything yet I would wait to mess with the cracked egg. The chances are pretty slim that the one egg you cracked open was the only one that happened to be alive. I would bet your incubator was a little cool and more will pip soon.

Quote:
OMG!!! ARE YOU PSYCHIC!!!
lau.gif

heard some peeping soo had to have a look - it's been ages since I had a look and...

wee.gif
wee.gif
ya.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
ya.gif

I can see a pip on another egg although it seems to have punched more upwards than towards the end....

should I go in and help the first guy out????

cattitude suggest making a door on the blunt end to see if he comes out?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom